Ways To Make EVE, EVE Again

I don’t need to look at his Zkill, I know how much he has done for the community.

What have you done for the community?

ROFL. Oh man, Thank you for that. It made me laugh :smiley:

So you refuse to look at it and thats your defense. Ah, so rich.

Me? Oh a ton. Including this thread, attempting to provoke discussion about the game we love.

And here you are, doing what you claim only others do :smiley: Yet we are supposed to trust you have “WH bushido” but barely have the emotional maturity to not vomit all over the forums? Tee hee indeed my friend :smiley:

I also find it funny you don’t comment on the OP. But then I don’t think you know how to EVE well enough to comment eh?

You don’t comment on my OPs, you just spam trash-talk to me.

Why would I give you a courtesy you do not extend to me?

I comment all the time on the content :smiley: You just don’t happen to agree.

You cried about being podded. If you don’t pod and adhere to a code, cool. Can’t expect others to do the same. Yet if you think your code is useless just because others don’t follow it, well bruv thats on you :smiley:

spamming ‘72 hr hole control’ is not commenting on OP

Stop being disingenuous. You started this fight.

The moment you get defensive against an Axis of Misery member, you play into their hands and lose. You should’ve just made fun of them instead of trying to justify your gameplay.

Also, none of these things are going to happen. In fact, only more of the opposite will happen. EVE will never be a “PvP game” again; it will just be a game with (some) PvP.

You really think CCP is going to announce making everyone war eligible again when half of all threads on Reddit and Steam are made to literally beg CCP to remove PvP from the game? Come on now.

2 Likes

Well that was quick…

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes

Are you sure they want PvP removed and not just gankers? Most of the threads I see complain about ganking, not pvp

1 Like

Can the servers handle the entire player-base spamming d-scan?

We do it all day in Jspace, I’ve suggested this change numerous times. Local is a crutch.

But according to the forums:
If you are for it – you just want to gank miners more easily (as Gix stated in my thread)
If you are against it – you just want to afk mine more easily

Either way, you are trash that just wants ez kills or ez resources [according to the forums]

1 Like

I could get on board with that, if some conditions are met.

1. Directional scanner has an active auto mode where it picks up ships in the 14AU radius, (maybe more AU) and reports this data directly into the overview.
    I mean it only seems right that in the tech era EVE is set in that this should be possible.

2. D scan in active auto mode makes you easier to scan down with probes as the downside to this.

2 Likes

I only have one:

FIX

FACTION

WARFARE

Implement the Frontlines idea already… you ■■■■■■■ slackers…

1 Like

The issue is, it is and always was a dark place to live, but then the current whine culture started to seep in, vilifying something doesn’t mean its not a dark setting, people are always going to be unhappy when someone kicks over their sandcastle

That being said, sadly because the whiny whale has so much financial power in the game they are slowly catering it towards that demographic, the world is basically ■■■■■■ at this point so i’m just going to sit here and watch it all burn

EVE died a long time ago, they just kept its corpse on life support to try and harvest everything they can from it before it eventually rots away entirely

WH already has delayed local so not sure why you’re listing that and Pochven, its already not an intel tool in those areas, i’m all for adding delayed local to all regions of space and just disabling local entirely in jita lol

Going to have to disagree, while i’m all for dark, there is a limit to being able to bully newbros who are still learning how to even play the game, they do need to be able to atleast find their footing before you leg sweep them back to the stone ages lol

The rest doesn’t make EVE great again, and given how low populated low sec is and would remain, you’ll still easily be able to run those in complete safety, i mean hell i used to run abyssals 2 jumps from jita in complete safety because it was a system people rarely ever went through so nobody even knew what i was doing even with local as an intel tool

So its entirely possible to be ignored even when people know you’re there

More of the “wars were only done to grief newbies” stuff? It’s the same false narrative as the “gankers only kill newbie ventures.”

The primary beneficiaries of the war change were not new players.

So you’re saying that if people were forced to go to low-sec to launch T4+ abyssals, low-sec would remain just as empty as it is now?

2 Likes

I mean, CCP already showed that when wars were a free for all that the overwhleming majority of wars were just people out looking for free kills and that most of the wars were started by only a handful of corps, so you’re free to call it a “false narrative” but…

Pretty much, you do realise how many low sec systems there are in EVE right?

Napkin math says 645 systems, you could easily have a handful of players in each system without ever seeing another person, especially if they happen to be doing their abyssal runs in systems where there are areas of space more than 14AU away from the nearest celestial so you would be even less likely to see the abyssal trace pop up on your d-scan

So yeah even if you were to try and “force” people to venture in to low sec you wouldn’t see a massive population boom, they already tried that, multiple times

I’ve enjoyed you getting called out for being a racist dick in mining channels and then trying to weasel your way out of it.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

2 Likes

And this is still true today, which means that instead of fixing the system, they simply removed most of it.

I’m pretty sure you’re aware that that’s not how PvP works in this game.

This is a separate issue, which mainly deals with CCP’s willpower and commitment to their own changes.

Because the only “fix” is to remove the war system entirely, making wars opt-in removed the majority of the grief cases, because now you know what you’re opening yourself up for instead of just being forced to sit in an NPC corp for the rest of your life lol

Sure but PvP only happens when you find people, if you jump in to an empty low sec system you’re likely not probing or d-scanning because you know there isn’t anyone there, which means you can easily miss all the abyssal traces of the people actually running there

No, the issue is players just don’t want to go there, period, its not about incentive, most people these days just don’t want to deal with the hassle, so unless you’re getting rid of that all you’ll actually do by forcing people in to low sec who don’t want to be there is to drive those players away entirely

If you’re not creative enough to make a compelling system, sure.

How do you know this?

Not removing PvP from high-sec, not having null-sec ore and level 5 missions available two jumps from major hubs, and not giving players a billion ISK and a million skill points in the reward queue every day are also things that drive players away. If the goal is specifically to have more players, there’s a very specific, and simple, way to develop your game that would accomplish this. All you have to do is give people what they want. Those things won’t necessarily make for a good game, but they’ll definitely increase your player count.

Which begs the question: why is your main concern as an EVE player how many players the game has, and not how good, fun, and meaningful EVE’s gameplay is? That sounds like a CCP problem, not a “you” problem.

1 Like

There has always been a very easy solution to the war problem, from before they started fiddling with it. Groups got massive because CCP pretty much removed the ability to do it with small groups.

1. limit the number of active wardecs declared to 5 or 10. This affects the size of the attacking groups as big groups would run out of targets too much.

2. if you leave a corp/alliance that has an active war THEY started then you can’t join another corp for 7 days. That way you remove corp hopping to avoid the new wardec limitation.

All of a sudden big groups don’t really work anymore, if they’d then give us better locator agents allowing small or solo groups to actively hunt then the issue is mostly gone.

4 Likes