We all love New Eden! Some people just need to cool their jets

Nice to meet you!

You too :christmasparrot:

This kind of help? If you have someone in your second room, chances are really high that they are not there for jokes.

1 Like

Heh, I was doing a blood raider site last week and a vindicator warped in just after I did, we both did the site and as expected with a vindi he got killing blow on the loot rat, I went to look in the wreck curious what he got and if he got any skins I’d buy off him, he starts locking me up (Perfectly fair, it looks like I’m gonna steal his stuff.) And I send him a convo to let him know it’s fine I’m not taking anything, afterall we both did the full site. Then he responds with “I wish you would, I’d kill you.” So I simply pre-aligned, took the loot and insta-warped off. All he had to do to keep his stuff was not be an ass, but eve is all about being an ass.

5 Likes

wow … haha … nothing like a bit of cooperative gameplay :rofl:

It is the EVE community that has built it self a harsh reputation, if someone warps in when I’m doing stuff I warp out, simply because more often then not its just someone looking to beat their epeen off, or steal something, very rarely do you find gems in a mountain of doo.

1 Like

That’s a funny story, normally if I do a site and someone comes in I immediately blow the wreck up, no if’s and or buts, because in my thinking I wasn’t going to get it anyway.

Dream on sister!

That is not a dream, that is just reality of EVE. :woman_shrugging:

You seem to agree with me and yet you still refer to “stealing” and “mine” or “yours”. We can put that under discussion whether it belongs to you or not but that wasn’t my point. Point was that when you accept the fact that it isn’t, life in EvE gets soooo much easier. This way, if someone attempts to “steal” your loot, you can stay calm and maybe manage to grab it first and keep it. The reward than has so much more value to it - way beyond its isk value.

Loosing over and over - yes I know it can be discouraging - I’ve lost myself countless times. I don’t think spitting venom all over is the answer though. Only thing you gain this way is enemies.

On contrary if you choose the other possible behavior, stay on the site and watch, even ask why you lost you will gain something way more valuable than loot you just lost and that is by accident most powerfull weapon in EvE - KNOWLEDGE.

It could be easier if you stay calmer, but people also want to accomplish something with their time. While knowledge is important, it’s also immeasurable and does not pay your bills. Spitting venom may sound hostile but to be honest with some people (especially those who just do not want to listen) it is very satisfying on a personal level. And you gain knowledge regardless whether you spit venom or not: You learn who to look out for to not get take advantage of, you learn that people do these things in the first place, you learn the areas where these things take place most commonly, you learn not to attack someone flashy because they (almost) always are prepared for you, etc.

Can you lock and tractor other players loot with out going suspect?

I might start doing that from now on with these fun souls.

Overall I have to say I like the dialog in this thread.

And also as a side note - we own nothing - CCP owns it all but they are kind enough to let us give them money so we can fly around in it and blow up stuff or get blown up.

Next time try saying hello, want some help? EVE is so full of asshats that it’s kind of expected now. Your basically following him down the street with a gun in hand saying “have I shot you?” when they look at you funny. No one with good intentions ever just shows up to help and if they do and don’t say a word it’s kind of creepy.

1 Like

Lol.

But it is fun to be creepy.

Not gonna lie i chuckled a bit at that.

I had a guy try to loot my mission can once. Except he was in a paper frig and the proximity rats hadn’t been triggered by me yet… though they sure liked him

I actually thought he got the mission objective, but I just killed everything in the pocket to at least get some isk… then I realised that a looted can would look different… haha

Anyways, you’re right about people needing to chill. Even if you were there to loot his stuff, who cares. Though I agree: you really expected a thank you, or some understanding from the guy? This is EVE: he probably thought you were there to gank him or take his stuff. You should have just taken his stuff… Next time, just take his stuff and you won’t have this problem

1 Like

Expanding on this, if someone starts yelling profanities at you, its a good sign they are vulnerable and unprepared.

Im all for a new meta where you simply screenshot/report anyone that “crosses the line” in communication. Sure, its more work for CCP and you musnt abuse the report function, but as long as your report is legit, let rip.

You’ll be doing all of us and the game at large a favor.

1 Like

99% of people do.

1 Like

The other 1% didn’t realise it was an option yet :parrotcop:

1 Like

Rant and rave all you want, but remember that if you cross the line, it can be used against you.