Check out this inspirational carebear video from 2007! :D

It’s awesome! :smiley:

7 Likes

It’s neat to see how far the UI has come since then.

And to see ships being used for purposes outside their original use. Good find!

4 Likes

In about a dozen posts, this thread is going to devolve into a bunch of people yelling how peaceful players shouldn’t be obligated to deal with griefers when it’s CCP’s job to provide an environment that everyone can enjoy, and a bunch of other people yelling how you’re supposed to provide for your own safety, how high-sec is only safer instead of perfectly safe, how destruction is important for the game’s economy, etc. etc.

4 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile:
This was actually the first ever mining video I’ve seen.

I loved the fact that someone could actually do this! :smiley:

2 Likes

Report them for being assholes.
Maybe it’s a valid complaint! :grin:

1 Like

That means I’d have to report everyone.

And then I’ll have to get on my dev alt to ban my Balos alt, give out a dozen warnings that I’ll need to respond to by saying that I didn’t do anything wrong on the characters that were warned, accidentally ignore a blatant threat/instance of racism/sexism by someone, and feel bad when Peen tells me that I’m not doing my job as an ISD/high-sec wardeccer because I’m not meeting my ban/kill quotas.

It’s just going to be a clusterfuck all around.

2 Likes

My first PVP (assisted by CONCORD) kill was in a procurer. It set me on a more dangerous path. It’s a good drone ship.

3 Likes

Awesome :smiley:
You’re a miner! :smiley:

1 Like

And a ganker. :wink: (well, one gank on this character)

1 Like

No way!
Ganker AND miner?

That’s IMPOSSIBLE! :smiley:

But on topic: I used to do a lot of baiting in combat haulers back in the day. I’ve tried it recently, and there are no takers. Every single time, all the miners warp out and log off. Using a Venture get a very occasional result (like once every 100 tries). A couple of times, the miner will dock up and get their mission-running battleship, but that’s really no-go because it simply can’t be tanked, and remote assistance is no longer an option.

Like 95% of the time, if you show up in a belt as a suspect (doesn’t matter in what context), the miners will dock and log. The remainder of the time you just get ignored.

1 Like

You’re saying they’re botters?

No, bots don’t log because of suspects. In fact I’m kind of surprised at the recent lack of bot mining in high-sec. I think it still happens in the ice belts though.

2 Likes

Wrong. As usual.

It did devolve into a mini circle jerk, though. So there’s that.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

2 Likes

CCP Make Can Flipping Great Again!

You mean that CCP still forces transparent UI on people, how they removed the much better recognizsable coloured icons in the Neocom in favor of flat, monochrome icons and how they removed better coloring options for UI windows in favor of color themes? Or these hideously large YT previews here on the forums, among other questionable UI choices here…

You are right though that some people do amazing work on the EVE UI, most of all Karkur. It’s a shame that she has to put up with all the other stuff other CCP devs create.

And before some poor sod complains again about my negativity, here is something hilarious:

1 Like

You mean because the icons on the left side where actually identifiable back then?

1 Like

Peaceful players shouldn’t be obligated to deal with griefers. it’s CCP’s job to provide an environment that everyone can enjoy!

3 Likes

@Nana_Skalski Oh you little raskal!

ROFL !!! :rofl:

1 Like