We need another Hulkageddon

You’ve described one of its functions. The new players can not do certain things when the button is set to green. the initial response to such a button is that “there’s a reason why these things aren’t allowed”. Changing the button to yellow gives you a warning andenables you to do minor shenanigans. It also puts you into a position, where you will have to suffer from a state which forces you to stay docked or constantly get vaporized. For a new player, suspect state equals GCC, because going outside means inevitable death.

See it from a more historical perspective, as i do. A whole culture built around can-baiting flourished for over a decade. *I am not exaggerating this. A culture built upon new players trying something which ccp once called “brilliant”! The very first theft has a tremendous impact on the person committing the act. Remember that most people don’t steal, but in the game it was perfectly okay to do so, with adequate consequences. And the adrenaline rush of simply thinking about doing it is well worth a mentioning as well!

Such changes affect far more things than could be considered only by looking at one or two details. To fully see the effects, one has to take into account all of EVE’s history and not just minor details it affects superficially. Even if one does that, would that not even change anything about the deterring nature counter to EVE’s own: Dare, so you can win; Learn, so you stop losing

Even if he ignores all deterrents, he will find out that the consequence of his simple theft ends with zero gameplay due to the 15min suspect timer. His options boil down to: constantly exploding, staying docked, a safespot, and logging off! And while that’s fine for an older player, it’s completely wacko for a new player.

Combine all deterrents with the consequences and ignore the reasoning. There is zero evidence that a suspect state and security button impacts the game positively. On the contrary, history shows that these features will only lead to a cultural shift away from a cut-throat environment. And you already know where it shift to! It shifts towards the :whale2:.

I don’t know how to better communicate what horrendous long-term consequences these “features” actually brought and how it literally destroyed a culture which has flourished for over a decade.

• Every time a suspect noob dies, Bob kills a kitten. -

Please, join me in thinking of the kitten. …

2 Likes