We ought not abandon the Yulai accords

Ah, so Captain Marshal Sirdan xer Qosh is now empowered to speak authoritatively on behalf of the Republic. After all, if we’re to take his words at face value, uncritical of their clear propagandist purpose, then we should give equal credence to other statements in that news brief, such as:

So, are you admitting that the Empire continues illegal slave-raiding activities in Republic space, or shall we let political posturing remain just that: posturing?

The difference between us and the Republic is that we crack down on illegal slavers. They venerate terrorists and heap praise upon those who violate treaties for the ‘right’ reasons.

Now that it is apparent slaving is not illegal in the warzone, you scurry back behind CONCORD’s skirt looking for an out. Not this time. Reap what you sow, and fight with some backbone.

AHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAAHA… oh, you’re funny. Sure you do. The Imperial Navy’s been raiding into Republic space outside the warzone for as long as anyone can remember, but yeah, you ‘crack down’ on it. Sure.

You’re as sincere now as you when you were busy fellating Chakaid for all you were worth.

Show me a band of illegal slavers right now and I will personally destroy them and enslave the survivors myself.

If I showed you a band of ‘freedom fighters’, you would help them, then come here and decry everyone else’s disturbances to galactic peace.

My sincerity is not on trial here.

2 Likes

Sure you will. At best, you’ll posture and whine about ‘can’t go into that system without the Republic Fleet shooting at me’ long enough for Vektor to crack the whip and then you’re right back in line.

Can’t prosecute the non-existent.

Show them to me in lowsec and I will deliver the tags to you in Jita.

Let us all just stop pretending and drop all pretense. All 4 empires have been violating and ignoring the Yulai accords when convenient damn near the day they were signed.

The only thing thats different today is that we can finally get to some honest fighting.

2 Likes

It’s a great place to get some off contracts to turn around and ‘deliver’, isn’t it?

Do I really have to explain this?

Step 1: Pull a mission in lowsec for an incident of this sort.

Step 2: Make a bookmark of the location.

Step 3: Give the bookmark to me.

Step 4: I will go, kill the illegal slavers and take the tags.

Step 5: You will have the mission marked as complete. I will give you the tags, and keep the criminal captives. You may even watch in an unarmed ship if you really must.

Do something more interesting than be a forum warrior, you hack.

2 Likes

You know damned well I’m in the middle of a nullsec war with a reasonably high optempo, and don’t have the time to go wandering out to lowsec.

One can only hope that the Yulai accords covering the unseemly high required taxes and broker fees paid to the SCC will be rescinded. Put a Tranquility Trading keepstar with zero tax above the planet and order will be well kept indeed. It’s just good for business, after all.

1 Like

You really don’t want that.

It seems that the Minmatar Republic are once again planning to disregard the Yulai Accords stated plain for all see.

It’s en vogue. Besides, if the State and the Federation are doing it, why not the Republic and Empire? It seems like the agreements aren’t working for everyone, so they’ll just renegotiate the deal.

Take it from an old navy commander, war happens, and sometimes its even necessary. However, this is much more a political struggle than one of forces. Of course, there are unresolved issues on all sides: territory squabbles, mishandled trust, unfaithful alliances.

Our memory is long, and not everyone will come out a winner in their own eyes. We can only do so much individually to sway the respective leadership.

Renegotiation is only possible when all leaders are open to dialogue at the same table. Is there any neutral territory left? Lets not forget to look inward, as well as across the boarders.

Of course peace is better than war. Peace means business, prosperity and development.

Yet, business means trust, you cannot do good business if you don’t trust your partners, and same goes about peace. You can’t make peace with those who betrayed your trust. Negotiating with Federation or Republic would mean trusting lives of innocents in hands of those who cowardly broke the peace and caused deaths of trillions.

The major condition for peace with Federation or Republic would be sentencing those who led these entities who caused all this. Shakor - he was himself a well known raider, which literally means criminal. Federals commit war crimes on daily basis, torture POWs, and… I mean, I could list it whole day. Just ones who designed and conducted operation ‘Highlander’ must be executed at the bare minimum.

If we’re going to negotiate, we must be sure we can trust those we sign treaties with. Tibus Heth already made a mistake by signing with Federation that Caldari Prime becomes the State territory and that the war should be going on elsewhere. That treaty lasted just for FIVE years only before Federals brutally violated it with invasion into our Homeworld…

If these two nations can reform their government and give up to us those who are guilty, negotiations could happen. But tell me please, will they do that? If you approach Guristas and offer them all a pardon for all their crimes if they give you up their ojaabun, do you think they will do that?

However optimistic that would sound, I don’t think that will ever happen.

And this is why the Federation must be destroyed.

Do you have evidence of this?

You mean do we know that the Amarr Breeding Facilities you can find in space exist?

Yes, we know they exist. No, the slaves are not required to give consent.

Here’s CONCORD’s description of it:

Both the existence and immorality of these things has been well-trod ground on these boards for over a decade.

4 Likes

You are right in the sense that while treaties are signed on behalf of nations, they are broken or kept to by individuals. To have trust that a treaty will be kept, one would to at least eliminate or punish those people who would likely break them (again).

So simple, and easy. Yet why do you not call for Goonswarm Space to burn, like Jita?