Website for Ship Fits? Transport Ships to Escape Gate Camps in Low Sec?

not normal at all. If you align first, then cloak, then on/off MWD, and turn off cloak just before your MWD turns off, warp should start almost immediately, because your MWD will have you going fast enough to jump and you should already be facing the right direction by then.

hauling BS out of low-sec is a one-at-a-time affair with DST. You can do 3 with a JF if you’re in a hurry, but it’s best to have cyno help…

That’s why, FWIW, battleships are sometimes quite cheap in low sec, no one wants to haul them out. That means you can often make decent money doing the legwork, or if you’re just looking for a BS you can also bring the fittings with you and fly it out on its own.

are u sure we should activate the MWD after activating the cloak? the speed boost would be marginal.

Positive. The trick is that when the MWD shuts off, your maximum speed drops substantially, so what little speed you do have at that moment will be much closer to filling it enough to activate warp, so long as you drop the cloak just before the MWD goes off.

It’s worth noting you can do this, with afterburners or MWD, on any ship, with or without a cloak, to jump faster. I used to use this a lot in a Bestower, which is a very slow ship, just to speed up long trips.

1 Like

You must do something wrong, normally you insta warp when the mwd cycle ends. The sequence is:

-align
-cloack and MWD on at the same time
-when you reach 3/4 of the MWD cycle decloack and spam the warp button

You can use a variation of this technique to warp an orca, a bowhead or any battleship in 10 sec.
You align, mwd on and off, spam warp button.

What you need is that at the end of your propmod cycle you travel at least at 75% of your max speed, the speed you need to reach in order to enter warp.

This technique also works with bookmarks, you can use it to warp to an instadock bookmark.

It’s easyer with a T2 cloack as the speed penalty is less important.

1 Like

Got it, thanks for passing by again.

I meant to ask you, how did you lose your mastodon in hi-sec (the km that u linked), is it corp warfare or a suicide gank?

Kill right, i was on my way back from a delivery in Black Rise, i had forgotten the kill right activated on me and the guys caught me off guard. Fortunately i was empty.

1 Like

After I hit align button, do i have to wait for the ship to respond and start moving before activating cloak? Or just immediately activate cloak anyway? There is a delay or lag between hitting align and when the ship actually starts aligning. The same question applies to activating the MWD after the cloak.

Actually it won’t allow me to activate cloak before the ship starts aligning, it gives the “interference” error. So i have to wait for the aligning animation to start before activating cloak.

the goal of the mwd-cloak is to not be targetable.
For this, you must be out of cloak for one tick (one second) at most. 2s is usually good though.
That means, you must hit “cloak” as soon as you can, then hit MWD ; and only decloak the moment the mwd will get off (be sure to deactivate it), so that between your decloak and your take off there is only one second at most.
People can target you unless you have 1tick of targetable, because they can send the “target” order just after you decloak(begining of tick) thus , returning “targeted” at the end of this tick. If you are cloaked at the end of the tick, or in warp, they fail targeting/pointing you.

So remember : 1s visible at most. otherwise you are dead.

Most people can target you in 2s at best, but some will in 1s.

What kind of onyx fit? Just curious

Especially since they removed the thrust penalty, it used to be you could fit a transport to outrun.

In the long term you have to be ready for all the scenarios:

1. Sneak away
  2. Avoid warp scramble
  3. Escape Heavy Interdiction Cruisers (Onyx, Broadsword, Phobos, Devoter)

Your ship is going to be a Transport.

The Blockade Runner is meh because it lacks that +2 warp strength. The inability to have it’s cargo hold scanned can be useful but not at the low sec gate, you are going to be attacked no matter what cargo you have. The only use I have for the Blockade runner is high sec runs with high value cargo to avoid CODE.

For #1 obviously try to use the MWD trick.

For #2 fit an extra Warp Core Stabilizer or two. Basically you should not get scrambled. For this reason you want a ship with more low slots. Impel or Occator.

For #3 You are pretty well screwed if caught. It used to be you could try to ECM fit and break away, but that got nerfed. You used to also be able to try to outrun/outlast but the thrust penalty on that tackle also got removed. At this point there is no real counter besides avoidance.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.