Welcome, to your new CSM!

Because people get pissed off that the most organized groups of people do better in an election.

Which, you know, is always going to happen.

I found storm delay pretty interesting his whole post was about a page said barely any thing on the top it said that he had not posted in 2 year’s and the only thing he mentioned was conflict drivers and that he was subbing for the previous alliance csm rep and still got in, to me that does not seem very passionate or healthy for a csm memeber. I do not know the guy personally and cannot truely judge the guy, but seeing that, kind of says to me the system is not working as intended.

Hmm maybe Ashterothi did an interview that would clear things up abit. Nope nothing… It’s like he didn’t even try just knew he would get in because his alliance had numbers.

64862f2d612ed6a7c1e21b88977ad41d86745c20_2_690x460

“History has shown again and again that the history of state is well sailed when leadership is based on great ability and run against the rocks when it is run apon mere birth.”

1 Like

Yeah true.

Ok, so, here’s what you really need to know about Storm:

The ‘previous alliance CSM rep’ was Gobbins, the leader of Pandemic Horde. Storm is his IT/Services guy. He’s not well-known within Horde… and you saw that in the election: Literally the 3rd largest group in the game, but he didn’t get on until round 31, I think? Meanwhile, FRT’s 20% smaller than Horde, but motivated enough to put their guy on… by enough of a margin that their second name, PL’s Kenneth Feld, got on purely on the spillover.

So you’ve got a guy who’s well-known to leadership, not exactly hooked in to the regular folks. Does he know his stuff? Unknown, he’s a cipher. But even if he knows his stuff, he doesn’t seem terribly plugged-in when it comes to talking to other people.

3 Likes

Not related but father ted was fking hilarious.

2 Likes

Not like it really matters we have them.

I appreciate the candor. But I just cannot understand why this easy low hanging fruit cannot be picked. Most casual players to transit players do missions religiously. Again I have enough BOSSES in real life. Be dammed if I am going to pay money and surrender by free time obeying some other pilots opinion how I should play. I can easily afford EVE online. ( God has been merciful to me and I am financially strong! ) But I keep asking myself why? With the destruction of High Security mining and this madness of forcing people to provide content to LOW/NULL or WH. But back to missions. I see EVE in now wasting time developing DUST 515! Dust 514 was a gigantic flop and frankly gave me zero EVE ONLINE improvement. Spend the energy redeveloping new missions.

1 Like

Also the new strategy game.

Because it’s not “easy, low hanging fruit.”

The mission system is one of the oldest in EVE and it is not at all easy to update or change. They have been working on an entirely new authoring system that they showed off at Fanfest that will allow them to do new missions, but it literally required them creating an entirely new system in order to do it.

If there is one thing my time on the CSM has made clear, the stuff we think is easy rarely is.

4 Likes

If only the folks spewing ideas in the QoL thread would understand this

Maybe they should try unplugging the mission system then plugging it in again.

:smiling_imp: :popcorn: :dealwithitparrot:

1 Like

I hoovered up literally an entire belt in my ORCA yesterday. How is hs mining dead? I also gave a newbie boosts and compression.

The deeper issue is that the oldest parts of the game are the most haphazardly, sloppily-coded parts that interact with all of the other parts in unpredictable ways.

Arrendis, you don’t even play the game.

1 Like

With the amount of time you 2 spend on the forums I would be surprised if any of you play the game anymore or if you hire someone to play while typing on here.

But Arrendis isn’t that the reason for the lack of content over the last 2 years maybe they are cleaning up that code, they kind of hinted at it by removing all the old direct X component’s.

Also the new node based event system would have needed them to deal with at least the mission side of the code.

The npc ai seems new aswell, just yesterday caldari and gallente faction npc’s started to act more like pochven npc’s, compared to the old diamond npc’s. Which I’m glad about, that pinging on grid constantly without ships to warp to thing was annoying and broken.

Were EvE’s programmers sloppy, or is Arrendis just sperging?

I’d be curious to see some games that Arrendis developed.

The new stuff is layered on top of the old stuff. It hasn’t replaced the old stuff or touched that code at all. This is why there is so much technical debt in EVE. It has always been easier to just create new content using a new system than go back and fix an old system, so they do that all the time.

3 Likes

Add to that that even if they spent all the effort to fix everything up nice then for the entire duration it took to do so it would look like they hadn’t done anything to the player base who would then complain about the lack of development going on.

1 Like

Yea its a tricky situation and the chance to break things would be massive changing core code. That has a million things linking back to it.

But I mean if they want to improve performance then changing the core code is a must at that point.

Based on the changes they have done in the last 2 years that would have been a boon to the game. At this point CCP not working on eve is actually a positive thing.