WH tengu fit

I’ve been fiddling around with wormhole space but i have no clue how to fit a tengu to do it, if anyone can help me out i would like a fit that can do C3 sites or if you can C4 sites, i would also like to know how much isk per hour i can get doing C3 combat sites if you have the info too.

Ashe has a C3 fit in her article on the Tengu.

And around 25 to 30 million ISK per hour, IIRC

It’s about 2-300m ISK/hr. Keep in mind that to fly a Tengu in C3 sites you should aim to sig tank. If you stop moving then you WILL die.

1 Like

i assume i want to try to train to use the t2 missiles then?

Yes. I wouldn’t recommend getting into a T3C unless you can mount T2 modules for everything. Remember, when you lose a T3C ship, you will lose one of the points in a subsystem skill. And yes, you’ll want those at 4s and 5s (definitely want Offensive and Defensive sub at 5s).

And make sure you can afford to lose it. Wormholers are evil sorts who will come kill you. :wink:

1 Like

There isn’t really a good reason to run C3 sites in a Tengu and not a Praxis/Rattlesnake, especially if you don’t have max skills (and t2 HAMs). T3Cs tend not to reach impressive numbers until you throw some skills and bling at them; this makes them very cost-inefficient for ratting. On top of that, being new to WH ratting means you might die to PVE or PVP, which makes the Tengu even costlier (SP loss).

With a properly fit Praxis, you can get about ~150-200 million per hour without salvaging, not counting rolling/finding wormholes. You can exceed 200 m/h with favorable circumstances and good practices (learning spawns of rats and approaching them, ratting black holes and magnetars), or you can go negative if you don’t know site triggers or warp into a hard data/relic site.
If you dualbox, you can essentially double the ISK/h.

A proper fit Praxis costs about 300 million, which is half (or even less) of a Tengu. There are endless variations to Praxis fittings based on your skills, implants and budget, and this is not the be-all and end-all of Praxis fits, but below is one that does about 1k DPS and that’s easy to fit and won’t struggle with any C3 anom (I would avoid Outpost Frontiers for optimal ISK/h however). You can use it as a starting point and add/deduct cap stability or damage mods depending on how comfortable you are.

[Praxis, Praxis]

Capacitor Flux Coil II
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Mark I Compact Capacitor Flux Coil
Ballistic Control System II
Co-Processor II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Pith B-Type X-Large Shield Booster
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Peripheral Compact Target Painter
Copasetic Compact Shield Boost Amplifier
Copasetic Compact Shield Boost Amplifier

Drone Link Augmentor I
‘Arbalest’ Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher I, Caldari Navy Inferno Heavy Missile

Large Capacitor Control Circuit II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Caldari Navy Wasp x4
Imperial Navy Praetor x4

Caldari Navy Inferno Heavy Missile x20886

would i not use t2 med scout drones and some sentries instead?

You can use sentries if you trained them. I think you’ll have tracking issues on a non-bonused ship with no room for omnidirectional tracking links/enhancers.

In my experiences, using faction/t2 heavies beats the clear time of using medium drones, but you are free to experiment.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.