What Battleship should I buy?

Hallo!
Ich bin noch ziemlich neu in New Eden, hatte das Spiel zwar schon mal angespielt bin aber wieder abgesprungen. Jetzt bin ich aber bereit auch mal ein Spiel zu spielen, welches ein wenig komplexer ist.

Wie im Titel schon geschrieben möchte ich mir bald (wird noch bissel dauern aber nicht mehr sooo lang) ein BS zulegen. Ich würde gerne eines von Gallente nehmen würde aber auch ein anderes verkraften. Ich hatte erst über Megathron nachgedacht, dann aber gehört, dass Dominix für Drohnen besser sein soll. Also hier jetzt meine Frage an euch: Was für eines sollte ich kaufen? Eines von den beiden oder ein ganz anderes?

Ich fliege hauptsächlich Missionen und mache bei PvE ein wenig mit. PvP aber nicht. Drohnen wären für mich schon wichtig.

In der Hoffnung, dass ihr mir helfen könnt:
Admiral Ethan Stark

PS: Könnt ihr mir auch ein Fitting empfehlen?
Im sorry about all the following spelling mistakes but the auto correction doesnt know Englisch.

Edit: First of all sry thats I wrote in German but herein it comes again in English:
(A little bit shorter) I’m searching for an battleship which is good for using drones and which from Gallente (would be good but not necessary). It is supposed to be used for PvE. Could u also think of a good Fitting for this ship?

1 Like

Welcome!
This part of the forum is in English, so it may be easier for everyone if you post in English (or use google translate :yum: ). There also is a German subforum, if you prefer that.

If you’re looking for a Gallente drone battleship, the Dominix is a perfect choice.

I have a fit, but I never do missions so I think other people have more suitable fits.

I use mine with sentry drones. And light drones for the small targets.

4 Likes

Thanks for the advice!

Pure gallente Dominix.

Rattlesnake if you want to work caldari bs trains with missiles trains as well if lacking.

[Dominix, Budget Blitz L4 (Passive)]

Drone Damage Amplifier II
Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer II
Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer II
Damage Control II
Co-Processor I

500MN Microwarpdrive II
Large Micro Jump Drive
Sensor Booster II
Sensor Booster II, Targeting Range Script
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Optimal Range Script

Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II
Medium Remote Armor Repairer II

Large Drone Control Range Augmentor I
Large Drone Control Range Augmentor I
Large Sentry Damage Augmentor I

Caldari Navy Warden x5
Imperial Navy Curator x5
Republic Fleet Bouncer x5

A Dom is excellent with T-2 blasters (void), and T-2 ogres you can’t go wrong as is rips everything to shreds, brawling fit for the win.

First of all I wanna thank you all for your kind replies!
Now I read that the Nestor from the Sisters of Eve do also have hp and damage boost for drones. Now I would like to know whether this ship is better than the Dominix or whether it isn’t.
Thank you in advance for your replies
Admiral Ethan Stark

The Nestor is also a good option for a drone battleship!

It doesn’t have some of the drone bonuses of the Dominix (tracking speed and optimal range) which make sentry sniping in a Dominix easier, but the Nestor has other benefits such as the remote rep bonuses, extra resists and scanning bonuses.

The Nestor is a lot more expensive though and requires skills in a second battleship (Amarr), so you may want to start with a Dominix.

ok thanks

I have tried a lot of different battleships and found most of them to be highly limiting in one way or another. Personally I don’t like specialization, and as a result my favorite battleship is actually the Praxis, it can do everything I want and I love it. In fact I love that whole series, the Sunesis, Gnosis, and Praxis are some of the most flexible ships in Eve and to me that makes them wonderful. I’m not including the shuttle, though I like that too, but I’m not including it because it has no fitting capabilities.
Interestingly however I have been going back to much smaller ships though, I spent a lot of time getting better at flying larger and larger ships that could dish out huge amounts of hell but eventually found that I wasn’t having as much fun, now the largest ships I enjoy flying are frigates and destroyers.

Thanks! The Praxis would also be a idea…

You can fit them for just about anything, it’s great.

But wasn’t the Praxis limited? I dont know to which number but when I looked it up a the regional market there was only one offer.

Yep, the Praxis is a limited edition ship. But unlike some of the rare limited edition ships, the Praxis (and smaller versions like the Gnosis, Sunesis) are regularly given for free to everyone, so there is a good supply of them on the bigger markets.

Yep, I bought a bunch of them the last time they dropped them as the price went way down, they were 80-90 million for a while.

Wenn will be the next drop of the so I can buy one or two?

Probably in May, it will be Eve’s birthday and CCP will likely giveaway Sunesis, Gnosis, and Praxis BPCs or hulls.

Yep, hopefully.
Last time they did the price plummeted and I bought a number of them for under 90m. Now they are at or around 200m.
I’ve been flying mostly smaller ships lately, so if they don’t do it again this year I will give you one of mine if I still have any.
They are great fun honestly, flexibility makes me happy.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.