What capships can dock at what NPC stations/outposts?

(Beast of Revelations) #1

Yes, I actually spent 20 minutes or so googling. I’m always surprised at the amount of information that ISN’T easily available or found.

I know capships can dock at [some] player-constructed stations, and that it depends on the size of the capship and the size of the player-constructed station. What I want to know is, what capships can dock at what NON player-constructed stations, i.e. what capships can dock at what NPC stations/outposts, if any?

Is it possible for [some] capships to dock at NPC stations/outposts?

(Petrus Blackshell) #2

There are three “classes” of ships for the purposes of docking restrictions: subcapitals, capitals, and supercapitals.

• Subcapital = everything that doesn’t fit into the below
  • Capital = dreadnought, carrier, force auxiliary, capital industrial
  • Supercapital = supercarrier, titan

Note that freighters, JFs, Orca, and Bowhead do not count as “capital” even though they require the Capital Ships skill. Based on these classifications, here’s what can dock where:

Subcapital Capital Supercapital
NPC Station :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:
Player-built station (outpost) :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:
Astrahus, Raitaru, Athanor :white_check_mark:
Tatara :white_check_mark: Rorqual only
Azbel :white_check_mark: :asterisk:
Sotiyo :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :asterisk:
Fortizar :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:
Keepstar :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:

:asterisk: means “are docked when built here, but cannot re-dock once they undock”

Hope this helps!

Source: https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/213021829-Upwell-Structures

(Beast of Revelations) #3

Helps a lot!

So Rorquals can only dock at Keepstars (and Tataras, whatever those are)?

(Erethond) #4

A Tatara is a large (the largest type) of refinery. They are “especially made” to enable rorquals to drop off their ore there.

(Petrus Blackshell) #5

Correct. They can, however, get anchored at any citadel (not station) and you could find some way to shimmy their stuff into the citadel in relative safety*.

(*I am not responsible if you get bumped off an Athanor by a titan, then ganked)

(Dyver Phycad) #6

Rorquals are not super capitals. They are normal capitals and can dock in Fortizars, Tataras and outposts as well as NPC stations.

(Beast of Revelations) #7

So the chart above is wrong? Which is it? Can others confirm either way?

(Dyver Phycad) #8

It is correct. Only the classification of the Rorq as supercapital and subsequent docking access was wrong.

(Petrus Blackshell) #9

Hmm okay I’ll correct it. For context: I am a PvP pilot who has actually only returned to Eve a few months ago after a decent absence, so I am kind of clueless about stuff outside my day-to-day blow-things-up expertise.

(Beast of Revelations) #10

Good info. Thanks to all.

(Sean Stanson) #11

Very helpful, thank you!

(system) #12

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.