What capships can dock at what NPC stations/outposts?

Yes, I actually spent 20 minutes or so googling. I’m always surprised at the amount of information that ISN’T easily available or found.

I know capships can dock at [some] player-constructed stations, and that it depends on the size of the capship and the size of the player-constructed station. What I want to know is, what capships can dock at what NON player-constructed stations, i.e. what capships can dock at what NPC stations/outposts, if any?

Is it possible for [some] capships to dock at NPC stations/outposts?

2 Likes

There are three “classes” of ships for the purposes of docking restrictions: subcapitals, capitals, and supercapitals.

• Subcapital = everything that doesn’t fit into the below
  • Capital = dreadnought, carrier, force auxiliary, capital industrial
  • Supercapital = supercarrier, titan

Note that freighters, JFs, Orca, and Bowhead do not count as “capital” even though they require the Capital Ships skill. Based on these classifications, here’s what can dock where:

Subcapital Capital Supercapital
NPC Station :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:
Player-built station (outpost) :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:
Astrahus, Raitaru, Athanor :white_check_mark:
Tatara :white_check_mark: Rorqual only
Azbel :white_check_mark: :asterisk:
Sotiyo :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :asterisk:
Fortizar :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:
Keepstar :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:

:asterisk: means “are docked when built here, but cannot re-dock once they undock”

Hope this helps!

Source: https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/213021829-Upwell-Structures

20 Likes

Helps a lot!

So Rorquals can only dock at Keepstars (and Tataras, whatever those are)?

A Tatara is a large (the largest type) of refinery. They are “especially made” to enable rorquals to drop off their ore there.

1 Like

Correct. They can, however, get anchored at any citadel (not station) and you could find some way to shimmy their stuff into the citadel in relative safety*.

(*I am not responsible if you get bumped off an Athanor by a titan, then ganked)

Rorquals are not super capitals. They are normal capitals and can dock in Fortizars, Tataras and outposts as well as NPC stations.

2 Likes

So the chart above is wrong? Which is it? Can others confirm either way?

It is correct. Only the classification of the Rorq as supercapital and subsequent docking access was wrong.

1 Like

Hmm okay I’ll correct it. For context: I am a PvP pilot who has actually only returned to Eve a few months ago after a decent absence, so I am kind of clueless about stuff outside my day-to-day blow-things-up expertise.

1 Like

Good info. Thanks to all.

Very helpful, thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.