What considerations has CCP made for PvE after Resist nerf?

If people we’re barely getting by on their tank in missions then i could see why people might worry. But that’s not the case. A drake can tank level4’s with ease, so no one should be worried about drakes in level3’s nor battleships in level4’s. My rattler has 7mid slots…only 3 are used for tank and it’s apparently more than enough.

Min/maxed fits will be re-assessed. Some people will lose some isk/hour. Not a bad thing at all.

They’re also ‘monitoring’ the effects alpha clones have on ganking…

1 Like

I’m guessing they’re considering making it easier for people to lose ships.

4 Likes

Yeah, a nerf for PvE but a buff for high-sec gankers.

Makes you wonder who makes these decisions.

8 Likes

As I wrote in another thread on this subject, my only fear is that this change may finally see the effective end of the Gila…which would be a shame, as it is a truly beautiful beast in my opinion and rarely seen already outside the PVE arena since the last nerf.

Apart from that, it will probably mean that solo level IV missions will become more challenging - maybe a good thing actually because they should be more than just an “ISK per hour” mechanic - and Abyssal missions might just need a bit of tweaking from CCP to maintain relevance.

1 Like

Good thing the Gila won’t be impacted by this change because if its native resist bonuses on the hull.

:red_circle:

Thanks for generalizing. My mission Dominix can just barely get by in a couple of L4s. Try to fly a The Assault against Minmatar once, or a DED Blockade. This barely holding tank is of course partly by design because I want the challenge. However, it is also a carefully crafted balance between challenge and feasibility of a mission.

Of course they will not. That would mean they had to put actual thought and work into this. CCP is not known for these characteristics, see the blanket nerfs and changes in recent times instead of targeted adjustments.

6 Likes

Which is in part, directly what CCP are aiming at in terms of players adapting. It’s not just a case of doing the same thing in a new environment. Approach has to change.

2 Likes

And how am I supposed to change my approach? The fitting I use is a delicate balance between tank an DPS. If I reduce the DPS for more tank, or get more DPS and less tank I won’t be better off. The ship I use works very nicely and provides income and challenge. After this change it will provide frustration in addition thanks to CCP.
Should I get more bling? Hell no. This ship can die any moment and has been in a few hairy situations already because I underestimated Virtues. More bling only paints a bigger mark on my back and I definitely cannot need that in NPC null sec.
Should I get more characters so that I can have a remote repper with me? That’s not a change in approach, that’s a money grab.
In the end it will just result in even less activity from my side. I guess people would call that “not a bad thing at all”.

And no, the additional armor HP won’t help a whole lot. It will be just less resistant buffer that I have a harder time to repair thanks to the lower resists.

6 Likes

Not knowing your fit, I can’t really answer that, but adapting is part of what we all need to do, so may as well embrace it, since the patch is going to happen anyway.

Different ship, completely different fit, bring an alt, etc. - lots of ways to adapt.

It’s understandable to feel a bit cheated when CCP change things, but at the same time, change brings about the need to think a bit more and prevents things becoming stale, so there are positives as well.

Link your fit, let’s see it.

It is not about feeling cheated that CCP changes things. It is feeling annoyed when CCP changes the wrong things to fix one thing but misses or overshoots the point and completely wrecks all sorts of unrelated things in the process, simply because they could not be bothered with properly thinking about how to change the originally planned thing.

CCP wanted to nerf capital survivability. That is completely fine. Death to all supers and titans. However, in the process they wreck everything else as well that has nothing to do with capitals.

[Dominix, Dominix PVE Sentry Action]
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Large Armor Repairer II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Damage Control II

Large Micro Jump Drive
100MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Sensor Booster II

Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II
Medium S95a Scoped Remote Shield Booster
Medium S95a Scoped Remote Shield Booster
Limited Light Neutron Blaster I
Heavy Infectious Scoped Energy Neutralizer

Large Trimark Armor Pump I
Large Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Large Auxiliary Nano Pump I

3 Likes

The Gila is primarily a shield-tank fit. The armour and hull are like tissue-paper.

2 Likes

Sure. Cheated, annoyed, angry, etc. All semantics, so whichever someone chooses, all good for them.

Where is your evidence that this is all unrelated? CCP seem pretty clear that they intend these effects. It’s not just about Capitals according to the devblog.

1 Like

Yeah, and it’s not impacted significantly by the change because it has a native bonus to resistances on its hull. Can you tell me exactly how bad you think this change is going to be?

So I’ve taken a look at Pyfa and your fit.
The only module that’ll be impacted is your Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane. Currently, with perfect skills, it grants you 25% resistances.

Here are the stats for your Dominix using a perfectly skilled character with Level 5 in all skills:

Here are the stats for your Dominix using a perfectly skilled character taking into consideration the 20% nerf to your single EANM II.

Now, are you telling me, that your:

Will be thrown off kilter with just a 2k ehp difference in your Armor? Note that your Shield and Hull aren’t changed, at all, by this patch.

BY THE WAY. In case you don’t know how to read, Battleships, like your Dominix, are also getting a 10% base HP increase.
So please.
Tell me.

What “delicate balance” are you talking about?
Have you actually done the math on this? Or are you just knee jerking and whining because you have no idea of what you’re talking about, as usual?

4 Likes

And can you tell me exactly how much worse this patch will impact your fit?

You should know since you’ve touted how much of a “fine balance” this is.

1 Like

Sure, I will spell it out for you. The fitting can tank the above mentioned missions just fine, unless waves are stronger than usual. With the current resists, you can just barely tank the maximum wave strength of a DED Blockade without having to warp out to regenerate capacitor. With the current resists and careful placement in the mission it is just barely enough to not dip into hull after the 3rd wave. Any less resists and I have to warp out after wave 2 or 3 to regain capacitor because I have to repair more often and more sustained. And that is so much fun. In the Blockade it is not the biggest issue because it has no gates, but in something like the Assault or Navy Armada, it is going to create plentiful joy.

Scan res has no impact at all on survivability. The added armor HP don’t matter because the NPC just chew them down faster thanks to lower resists.

5 Likes

Add to that 10% HP buff and +30% scan res

Do you have any figures?

What is the EHP before v After for example against the correct incoming damage types?

No this is correct, but it does impact whether you need the sensor booster anymore, or could change that for webs, or something else that will help you apply damage faster, etc. - and some of those adjustments might affect survivability.

I don’t fly a Domi, so not saying there is no impact, but have you actually run the numbers?

A web is pointless. This is a sentry dominix. If too many things come into web range, I have done something wrong. A target painter does not help either since the Omnis already take care of tracking and application.

I have not and I would not know how to do that. I base my statements on my experience from past runs of missions where I have had issues already and where the current resists just barely ensured that I did not have to buy a new ship. That experience is just as significant as damage graphs from Pyfa. It is more significant even because Pyfa graphs don’t take actual NPC composition and damages into account.

3 Likes