What do you miss about Eve that is now gone?

It’s somewhere around 50-60%. High-sec has contained 70-80% of the game’s population historically, and some percentage of that is going to be trader alts, low/null/WH players doing logistics, and a few gankers/pirates/mercenaries, but the rest are going to be carebears. Now, there are going to be carebears in places like null-sec too, that do nothing but grind rocks and PvE in their rented systems. That’s why you have a kill board statistic that basically says that only about 10% of all characters are involved in any sort of PvP activities (winner or loser).

The majority of players play MMOs for solo PvE, and not for PvP or community aspects. This is even true in other, more conventional MMOs. Most just want to move around and occasionally extract something from a virtual rock. Mining’s got electrolytes (what plants crave).

4 Likes

Ten percent?

Not exactly what I think of when all you NPCs are in here all day bleating about EVE being a PVP game. In fact, the stat you quoted from a legit source would suggest the opposite.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

1 Like

I miss buying/selling corporation stocks using the ingame browser!

CCP really dropped the ball on a fun aspect of the game, corp stocks now are pretty useless.

3 Likes

Small gangs and real war in highsec.

1 Like

being able to fight with my drones instead of dying while looking at the market window

1 Like

I miss the non-trashy playerbase.

The kind that wouldn’t be so weakminded as to field a multiboxed fleet of 10 chars in a single plex, just because they can or feel entitled to.

The game’s core and fun playerbase is far gone, only the utterly boring meatheads are left.

Dead game.

1 Like

Uh, excuse me, I resemble your remark. :rage:

Helloo forum!:grinning:

Excu-uuu-se me! I’m far from being boring and I’m definitely not a meathead.

Fifie - notameathead

1 Like

You want ganking removed from hisec.

You are one of the boring ones. Yes.

Gottem hook line and sinker.

Was there ever a time when there weren’t people multiboxing in EvE, though?
Thank you for calling them “chars” rather than “toons”. A little thing but appreciated.

So you’re back? Great! WB

Pendulums, I mostly miss the pendulums.

The hardcore feel to the game that seems to be slowly taken away.

The sandbox that we were all drawn to that is now being taken away. Cloaky Camping / Stuka fleets (being able to boosh the whole fleet). I miss abundant ratters.

Most of all I miss the days of Inpanic, solar fleet, kids with guns, badfellas etc. When nullsec was diverse and full of whales.

2 Likes

If your are who I think you are we had some fun times together on opposite sides of the barrel. We looked like Whales, and to some extent we were, but we also had bat ■■■■ crazy guys who’d escalate with on dime with nfs given just for the lols.

1 Like

Zaera is also 2005. What she misses most is the old war system where you could war dec bears, engaging in a turkey shoot, the mercs they would inevitably hire, more shiny targets.

I miss the music, nowadays I never get to hear most of the soundtrack and when I do it’s mostly interrupted.

Also miss Aura’s voice and a few of the old ship models.

2 Likes

I’ll miss HatelesS and his videos and commentary. Rest in peace. o7

5 Likes

[Vigil] HateLesS Gaming - 2 April 2023 21.00

https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=125883

2 Likes

The Mittani. Eve is just not as fun without him.

2 Likes

Some would disagree. Is that no so @Destiny_Corrupted ?