What do you think Eve will look/be like in the year 2033? - Win a Gila

It’s stable enough to be where it is after 20 years, I hope for another 20. Uh? By 2023? The splashscreen will be every “talk” number on the planet and with how things are going, I’m betting it’ll all be expansions to Null-Sov and ■■■■ all of us who do the weird ■■■■.

It will look like it does now, except I will have a Gila.

2 Likes

in 2033 i think EVE will mostly look the same, the WiS whiners will still be asking for it to come back, the linux users will still be whining the game doesn’t run on their unsupported OS and the gila will still be OP

Not sure about EVE but StarCitizen will be 1% closer to completion… maybe. :wink:

2 Likes

No idea but I am sure that Aaaarrrg will still be podding people on gates!

1 Like

Doubtful.

If “griefing” in games isn’t outlawed by anti-bullying measures in most western countries by that point, or the gaming industry doesn’t collectively renounce such game design in order to appease evolved social norms, refer me back to this post, and I’ll print it out and eat it. Hopefully technology will be advanced enough that I can do it on a wheat cracker or something.

Seriously, look at how much gaming industry has changed over the past 10 years.

1 Like

I was going to suggest that most Western countries would not have a stable enough electricity supply to play Eve as the most likely scenario. :stuck_out_tongue:

But the anti-bullying side of things is likely on the cards, like the UK governemnt deciding that this knife attack on an MP requires the lifting of anonymous ID’s on the internet, crazy, crazy and more crazy. I found them using this to push that rather shameful, but these are the type of people that will decide that Eve is bullying.

At the end of the day if anyone feels bullied they should stop playing, it is pretty evident at least to me that Eve is a masochistic survival game above anything else.

1 Like

It will probably look better than the new Mac with it’s “notch” like a mobile phone, except on a laptop.

A model to skip perhaps if you like a full “retina” display.

Imagine having to steer your ship around the “notch” on the native Mac client.

At the speed of decline we’re going, there would be no eve by 2023.
And nothing of value would be lost.

2 Likes

There will be more skins, more apparel, we’ll finally have the cowboy hats and the cat ears, the Edencom ships will be “fixed”, @Ramona_McCandless gets the first module damaging mining laser, and the game play in the sandbox will be what it always was and always will be - or it wouldn’t be EvE.
512316cb2fe2dfabb591669f2a91252a

And here’s me wishing that CONCORD response times will have tripled…

And for a brief time, the Imperium and PL will form the Swarming Pandemic Goon Legion to fix the economy and bring the prices of battlecruisers back below 1B ISK. @Mike_Azariah will still run his Magic Bus, which now has a fancy blinking christmas tree lights skin, to hand out free ammo to the rookies, and he will be chairing the SCSM (the Supreme CSM).

All is well.

3 Likes

In 2033 there will be no online.

The only remnant of EVE will be as a backdrop on a Pachinko machine. Which will be pulling in the equivalent of nine billion U.S. dollars a year from the hundreds of thousands of game parlors in the East.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I love pachinko.

CCP should bring back WiS and give us pachinko machines.

2 Likes

Absolutely certain:

• Eve will still be dying
  • Missions will still be the same as today
  • Highsec will still not be perfectly safe
  • Gankers will be ganking
  • Bots will be botting
  • Wormholers will still be paranoid about CCP devs not giving them any love

Almost certain:

• Eve will have ditched on-prem infrastructure and be running all cloud based
  • The elasticity of the cloud will make TiDi a thing of the past in practical terms
  • More instanced content
  • More marketing

Maybe:

• New character creation tool

Almost Certainly Not:

• WiS

Certainly Not:

• The community loves CCP
2 Likes

Off-line automated mining will be a thing…think, something similar to black desert’s autoplay feature. Players will be able to fly x-type small mining vessel which will autoroute through a solar system’s asteroid belts in hunt of x-type of mineral to mine. Once a hold is full it will fly and dock in a station, deposit the load, and fly back into space to mine some more.

I would expect to see CCP selling ships for RL Money before we see automated mining.

Yeah, no joke. Concord barely responds at all, people can unload quite a bit before they’re on scene…and, tbh that probably needs to change. High sec gankers should stop being protected.

1 Like

Even if CCP implemented automatic account deletion for anyone going criminal in high-sec, players are still going to spam-whinge about gankers on the forums. Even if they turn high-sec aggro off entirely people are going to cry about gankers. Go read some Steam reviews of the game, and you’ll see plenty of people complaining about “griefer kids” even though their only losses are to entry-level NPCs.

Let’s face it, some people have better-developed tear ducts than others, and the wherewithal to use them. It’s not about ganking, and never has been; it’s about people needing a scapegoat for their own incompetence. I mean, look at what you yourself have said just now: that the cops showing up and blowing up aggressors amounts to “protection” for them. Only in this game will you find people equating a near-instant and categorically deadly police response of a maximum of around 20 seconds to “protection” for criminals.

5 Likes

There are some freighters that pop here and there with an occasional goose egg lvl4 mission boat, but it’s clear to me when you look at high sec killboards the dudes getting targeted by that type of gameplay are newbros trying out mining in this game.

Virtually every single mechanic in Eve has evolved except for the way Concord responds to high-sec griefers. CCP protects that mechanic–that’s what I meant, sorry I wasn’t more concise.

What’s the average value of a suicide-gank?

Very much incorrect, CONCORD mechanics have changed drastically over the years, in ways like CONCORD no longer being vulnerable to attack, and warp-disrupting criminals instantly via magical ray instead of after appearing on grid and locking them.

1 Like

As long as the activity itself remains so idiot-proof and alpha-friendly, not even account deletion would help, yes.

Now that’s just your pants talking.

gankers indeed are. You should see them every time I make a post that CONCORD should react faster to multiple offenders on the same grid, so ganking could be an actual profession requiring a single brain cell to execute, they would cry me a retriever every single time.

With proper pulling it’s 33 seconds. Enough to kill a freighter with 10 catalysts. It is in fact so long that it may as well not happen at all, and the result won’t change. hisec ganktarding is literally idiot-proof, it takes a real talent to fail at it.

1 Like