What do you think would bring eve into a new golden age

Yes it’s true. I think the “punishing death” is a feature that can help with a sticking point of EvE : balance between new and old players. In some way you could design mechanics where death punishes error, but the cost increases with your age in the game. Plenty of ideas to explore around this. That would :

• Bring (back) feeling of high stakes
  • Balance between new and old players
  • Not be detrimental for discovering players
1 Like

Sorry to c u bragging about ur immaturity so loudy. Me not so much, however the newbro’s yip that just frankly smells of a distasteful personality like ur comment… so kindly move along to your own kind the kiddy club mkay

100m clone to fly a 5 mil Rifter made no sense whatsoever. Having lots of SP pretty much meant you weren’t allowed simple fun. It keeps ppl from taking risks and pvp, the exact opposite of what you want to achieve.

Some old EVE things were terrible, in fact many old things were.

2 Likes

I did not mean bring the exact old mechanic, though implementing a mechanic inspired by the idea of a punishing death. There is a subtle balance between “I am too afraid to take risk” and “I don’t risk much, let’s go it’s not important”. Beauty of game design is to find where to sit.

A ray of sunshine pierces through this shadowy realm.

1 Like

The Prophet sees your intent and smiles.

The weak should not be rewarded, in this world or the next.

1 Like

But in the New Testament, it says “blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the world.”

The obvious interpretation is that the miners and the mission-runners and the industrialists will inherit New Eden from the evil griefer sociopaths, who have been tormenting them for so many years.

You are definitely a false prophet.

The only true faith is the Amarrian one. I know not of what you speak.

You misunderstand. I am not the Prophet. Merely his herald.

Yeah, that’s what they all say. “Don’t chop my head off, I’m just the messenger.”

Nope, not buying it. You made your bed, now you get to sleep in it. You’ll be the first to die after we get CCP to finish removing griefer PvP from the game. We’re just not sure how yet.

1 Like

Yet you are one of the Prophet’s most fervent believers.

I know despair nips at your heels. You play the mad fool to help assuage the pain.

I choose to have faith, that others will realize the error of their ways. The people and their shadow puppets shall not prevail.

Calm down

Yes indeed. Griefers just drive people out of the game and cause those who remain to play less. Right now I’m just an Alpha, waiting to see how my current go-round in Eve is going until I decide whether to turn Omega again. I know the pro-griefers will just ridicule this sentiment, but it is simple common sense that Eve is large enough to accommodate all playing styles–those who just want to blow things up and those who just want to mine in peace. It is also simple common sense that without fun in a game, the game becomes just like a job.

I am a retired person in RL. I don’t want to spend my time doing something that feels uncomfortable, like my job used to be. I want to have fun.

Since I began playing Eve Online in 2005-2006 there has been a faction of players who insist that this game universe somehow mimics (or should mimic) real life. Risk and reward! Or maybe it resembles a prison–protect yourself! Join a gang and take stuff from other gangs! Prey on the weak! Noobs are there for us to prey upon!

But here’s a news flash: none of this is real. It’s a game. Eve does not teach any lessons about real life. It is just entertainment.

I am not a paying customer now, and have not been one for a long time, which means Eve did not get any income from me. For several years I did not play at all. The reason? Encounters with toxic people within the game.

Making Eve more fun for everyone would mean more paid subscriptions.

I have been saying this for years, and I always get flamed for it by the same people. Whatever.

2 Likes

…As long as folks match your idea of what is fun, eh?

Come So I Can Tell You How Great You Are GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

1 Like

You can’t make EVE more fun for everyone at the same time, because you would need to change or create things and will always have people who like what you changed or created and others who dislike what you changed or created. The buff for one side is a nerf for the other and there will always be people complaining.

1 Like

I don’t think there is anything that CCP can do to bring in a new golden age. Mainly because there is nothing left to discover in Eve. Even for brand new players, there are videos and guides and other players who can explain every aspect of this game. If CCP added new content, it would inevitably be some form of power creep that will benefit existing players for only a short amount of time and be more daunting content for new players to dream about. You can see examples of this when the Trig invasion happened or when Abyssal Space was added. There were guides on this content soon after it came out and now even a new player can find out how to run Abyssals efficiently from Day 1 with little trial and error. It a problem you will see with any game this old.

Now a little off topic, but where this thread has ended up going. I have played Eve for almost 20 years as a PVE centric player. In all of that time, I have only been ganked once (killed other times, but not by ganking) and I have survived other gank attempts. It is so easy not to be ganked; check your fit, don’t draw attention, and don’t risk what you are not willing to lose. I don’t think that ganking is bad, we need destruction to promote construction. Every time I read these threads it makes me think of Zorg’s speech about an hour into The 5th Element.

2 Likes

The Prophet spoke of people like you.

You are half men. Shadow people. You do not deserve the fullness of New Eden.

I can only pray to the Prophet that your next cloning attempt goes wrong and your genetic material is lost forever.

2 Likes

BE GONE SHADOW MINER

:princess::magic_wand: :melting_face:

1 Like

Please read what I wrote before commenting. Fun for everyone means fun for everyone. It’s people like you who make this a toxic game I am reluctant to pay for. Player numbers have gone down in recent years–at least that is what I read on this forum. If that is what you want, then keep on keeping on doing what you are doing: coming here to toss insults at people who love this game and would like to see it survive for many more years.

2 Likes

Or else what?

Rude people like you make me laugh, because you would NEVER talk to someone in RL the way you do on the internet. What are you going to do when Eve is gone? Move on and work hard to drive people out of some other game?

1 Like

I want ore that has a chance of spontaneously combusting and blowing up your ship.