What do you think would bring eve into a new golden age

I plan to gank coconut runners on Rust Isle.

I read what you wrote, you are gatekeeping what others must find fun and branding people who wonā€™t bow to you as ā€œtoxicā€. Itā€™s pretty simple and you are hardly the first.

ā€œEveryoneā€ means EVERYONEā€¦even people playing in ways within the rules but without your personal approval.

You probably think you couldnā€™t possibly be one of those who are actually toxic to this gameā€¦donā€™t you?

Are you possibly mistaking someone not polishing your apple to be insulting you?

You? You donā€™t seem to even like this game much less love it.

So you ā€œlove this gameā€ā€¦right?..'kā€¦ ccp barely listens to their paying customers, what makes you think theyā€™ll listen to you?

2 Likes

None of these boomer doomers with Murtaugh Syndrome should be playing competitive multiplayer games anyway. Itā€™s so obvious that they donā€™t enjoy a single second of it, and are only doing it because thereā€™s literally nothing left with which to fill their empty days. Donā€™t need to work anymore, too unsocial to join the local hobby club, kids grown up and busy, dogā€™s dead, wife left years ago to chain smoke and spin slots in Atlantic City. So now theyā€™re just trying to recapture their barely-remembered youth by reliving their mid-life crisis days.

Seriously, have you ever heard them say a single positive thing about EVE? Yet for some reason, they hold on to this game with a death grip, like barnacles permanently stuck to the keel of a rusty fishing boat.

Itā€™s okay to let go, our venerable boomer friends. Let go, and come toward the light:

1 Like

And I thought the sheep count would be up? It was a few wks ago?

Or just abandon the game at all.

There is a VERY simply solution to the ā€œGolden Ageā€ problemā€¦

Bring back the Small POS that could be anchored & un-anchored - CONFIGURED AND RECONFIGURED according to market demands - and all within an acceptable playing time window,

Citadels were the single biggest demise of New Edenā€™s communityā€¦ they are simply NOT flexible enough.

My 2p.

1 Like

You donā€™t get it do you?

EVE is a sandbox.

If you want to mine in peace with no PvP, play Elite Dangerous in SOLO mode and offcourse YOU can play for free.

1 Like

Flexibility is the the smallest of their problems. Someone really had to crunch his brain cells to make them as bad as humanly possible to come out with this result of a structure design. They are so bad, it is even a respectable achievement as for sure it wasnā€™t easy to come up with all these horrible ideas at once.

And you would say to someone in RL ā€œRude people like you make me laugh.ā€

:smirk:

1 Like

Bring back the old war-dec mechanic, and remove all player owned structures from highsec.

Oh, and the locator agents can now eject someone from the station, even if they are off line. Oh, and you can pay monies, not iskies, real monies, to put a limited engagement flag on them.

Tier 1 hulls (including battleships and dreads) being half their current price.

Lower sub price and Omber back to high-sec belts so I can make my own ammo.

1 Like

Free Omega for everyone and infinite spod in Highsec

You mean like folks who start playing a game to then demand the gameā€™s core identity gets changed to suit them personally and by doing so invalidating otherā€™s play styles that ARE in line with the base premise of the game.

Yeah, those people are pretty rude and selfish.

5 Likes

Still debating this topic after all this time?

I understand they use to allow people to exit the pods at the stations and walk about. I donā€™t see that effect would help a lot other than to allow the 12 year-olds to masturbate to their 3D models. They probably do that enough without such a feature.

However ā€“

If it wasnā€™t for the fact the game lore is already set in stone, I would make it possible to get out and walk about my ship during long flights across the vast regions of space. Multitude of the television space shows did this; Star Trek, Firefly, Andromeda, Dark Matter, Farscape, etcā€¦

Why?

Because it would be a boring series to watch a ship fly from point to point and have nothing else to do. It would be akin to watching the worldā€™s longest commercial break. They explored their ships, talked to crew members, and solved other problems. If it wasnā€™t for the fact, this game already has ships with only one person aboard in a vat of goo, you could be talking to the engineer about the humming noise coming from your engines and helping them fix them in a mini game. Or talking to the shipā€™s doctor about his current alcoholism and playing a mini game to keep him away from the booze. These mini games could have been used as skill point buffs when you win.

As it stands now, it is almost a must to babysit your ship, and never use the autopilot, if you plan to get there in one piece. In the TV series, the captain would get ample notice of an impeding attack or at least have competent crew members on the bridge to handle it while they raced there.

In the end, it doesnā€™t matter anymore. They built the game, released the game, the game is not going to change for the better. As I stated in this thread already, all of these online games get one shot at the brass ring, afterwards it is all downhill from there. Some games attempt sequels and they often fail on launch, other (e.g. Overwatch) attempt the 2.0 version and they fail to change enough of the core game to matter. All too often too much change and the veterans will up and leave the game.

This is the fate of all MMOā€™s and PvP games online, this Eve Online and it will never see a brighter future ahead.

The best solution to ā€˜golden agesā€™ is to remove theseā€¦

3 Likes

Mum not let you use her credit card?

EVE is still alive and kicking after 20 years. You are in the wrong game, head on over to Scam Citizen if you want to walk around in your ship which I will be happy to blow up for you, relieving you of your cargo.

POS was never without itā€™s barriers to new playersā€¦

Letā€™s not forget you need standings to anchor and MOST new players know nothing about standingsā€¦

Hell - if anyone still remembers how hard it was to do a reaction at a POSā€¦

At least it was ā€œJustā€ a POS and some Stront & Fuel back thenā€¦ none of this nonsense about cores and 7 day timersā€¦

Hell - how many new players that enlist on day one ACTUALLY log back in within 7 days let alone take part in any kind of chat or join a corp ?

How many new players anchored a POS within 7 days?