What happened to Eve?

It’s actually one of the requirements for posting on this forum in the first place. To quote the forum rules as set by CCP: “The default language for posting on the EVE Online Forums is English. Please use English when posting as a courtesy to other forum users…”

1 Like

And mining is PvP whether you want to admit it or not. If you are trying to get ice from an anomaly and I keep bumping you out of the anomaly and not letting you mine a single piece of ice, that’s PvP. That’s you vs me. Simple as that. Whether I simply bump your ship and deny you entry into the anomaly, or whether I gank your barge, it’s PvP either way. You are trying to mine and another PLAYER is keeping you from doing that…

2 Likes

Now, if EVE were a game where other players could not physically interact with you in any way, and PvP was by consent only, THEN mining would be a PvE activity. The only true PvE activity in EVE is Abyssal Filaments. The only thing in there is you and the NPC mobs. And that only holds true until you exit the filament. Then it’s back to PvP…

3 Likes

You dont get out of Eve much do you? Or you are just trolling. Probably just trolling.

Have ya been to null lately? No? Its the place where all the fat carebears live. Create content?

" FGHJI in ED-45F"
" Shiptype?"
“NV”
“Dock up! Rorqs cores off have your cynos ready! Fauxs Standby!”
2 minutes go by…
“FGHI in X7-YUH Astero”
" Cores back on, everyone stand down, carry on"

Or

" FGHJI +4 in ED-45F"
" Shiptypes?"
“Kiki”
“Dock up! Rorqs cores off have your cynos ready! Fauxs Standby!”
“Dont feed them kills or they will keep coming back. Where are my pvpers?!?!”
“Uhhh, we are in the rorqs… fozzie sov, cant pew pew \o/”

The economic report which tells you:

• isk value mined
  • isk value that is end game products
  • isk value that is destroyed.
    PLUS
  • Isk value of rat bounties and other income streams( from NPC generated sources
  • Isk value of taxes, ins, and other isk sinks paid to NPCs.
  • Etc.

clearly shows that far more is produced than destroyed and that players, by activity spend multiples more time engaged in pve activities than they do in pvp. It is so easy to see in the report a 10 year old could understand it…

Are you 9?

The pvpers would pew pew for a while but with nothing to do but kill each and fit ships, they would get bored quickly( assuming we seed the market with all items and give them some sort of passive income maybe from pvp quests or something) Within 3 months all but a very few players would move on to game with more content leaving a new eden littered with former space empires the few players would all agree to have a region like Pure Blind where they live and pew pew or they would never actually be able to find each other in the game and their is nothing to do besides kill each other.

If people truly wanted pvp only then MOBAs would be most of what is being produced right now and there are like two titles being produced this year.

1 Like

Really? I didnt know that.( that was sarcasm by the way i use to warrior on these forums before CSMs were a thing). I pointed out attacking someones English for that very reason, you stated. Its a cheap shot and usually only people who want to insult someone but have nothing intelligent to bring to an argument will use it.

1 Like

Nice job dodging the argument there, probably because you and I both know there’s no defending EVE’s PvE as anything but menial busywork.

Have ya been to null lately? No? Its the place where all the fat carebears live. Create content?

Did you know that nullsec isn’t the entire game?

Also, even if many people choose to avoid a confrontation (itself an interaction and choice) it’s still more content than farming the same PvE thing for the 99999999th time.

far more is produced than destroyed

And your point is? Net value produced vs. destroyed tells you nothing about the proportion of PvP vs. PvE activity. For example, if 1 hour of nullsec farming produces more than is destroyed in 10 hours of nullsec PvP it’s still a 10:1 ratio in favor of PvP. All this fact tells us is that production is overpowered and needs to be brought down, as CCP is doing.

by activity spend multiples more time engaged in pve activities than they do in pvp

And this is what I mean about not accounting for alts. If I have a PvP main, a covert ops scout/probe alt, and a highsec market alt the activity statistics will show the following:

The PvP main spends most of its time warping around not engaging in anything, with a few minutes of PvP.

The scout alt spends all of its time warping around and never engages at all.

The market alt never undocks from Jita and engages in tons of trade.

So the statistics summary would show that by percentage of characters only 33% of the sample engages in PvP at all, and only a small percentage of the total hours played involves PvP. But the reality is that 100% of that activity is connected to a PvP player.

assuming we seed the market with all items

Why would you make such an utterly stupid assumption? Removing PvE does not mean removing the player-driven PvP economy.

1 Like

I dunno, i was ratting ded sites in back water test systems the other day. Only a heretic showed up… and died… and that was from legion of xxdeath i believe.

Do you sell your industry outputs to NPCs?

Ah, sorry. I thought you knew what industry is.

1 Like

Where is my faction Tengu?

1 Like

What? Your sentence doesnt make sense

1 Like

Really? Because what youve written here makes it look like you dont even know what the CSM is, or that it has nothing to do with the forums

3 Likes

It was a time reference,genius.

1 Like

You explain the obvious part, but not the gibberish part.

You do not wish to discuss, only troll.

Begone.

3 Likes

I see you still have comprehenzion issues. no wonder with 20 iq you cant understand the rest of the issue

1 Like

“In order for Eve to survive it has to appeal to more people”

Why do so many dispshits believe “there’s a massive untapped market for this product we could capture if only we completely ruin this product for the people who are actually using it right now!”?

Capital idea, let’s spend billions on it!

4 Likes

see answer above.

Yes, that is what i meant. Stop being so dramatic. If you havent noticed, people are leaving Eve so the people actually using it right now are not using it right now. They are just a trickle of new players and returning vets most of which dont stay very long before leaving again. And then you have your base which is currently a mix of diehards fans and people living in 2014 who are in denial about the dismal state of the game.

And what is with the extremism? Why do all these bitter trolls think that people want to turn Eve into Final Fantasy or something?

2 Likes

You choose to become either predator or prey in Eve Online. Looks like you chose to be a prey, a victim all your life.

I chose to be a predator. Dont get angry at me just because you suck at the game and cant escape being a victim. I took control of my life, you have been unable to.

Dont be a victim. Dont be like Amun Doshu.

This has been a public service announcement.

3 Likes

Bollocks.

interesting, i only every lost a noobship and i was living in nullsec fighting goon test red Amun Doshu | Character | zKillboard
you did not chose to be a predator, you chose to be a bully shooting defensless opponents. the difference is i have a spine, you dont

1 Like