What happened to the community?

To be exact, it was on my birthday …
… and the celebrations lasted through the solstice.

:blush:

3 Likes

As other posters have said, the discussion base has fractured across multiple 3rd party forums. People use the site they are most comfortable with, and quite a few people refuse to deal with certain forums (EVE, or Reddit etc.) because they feel they are full of trolls and badly moderated.

That plus the fact that in the long term, people who are looking for a fun and interesting environment are choosing games and forums other than EVE. The people most committed to staying are those who are, shall we say, more oriented towards specific viewpoints and less interested in open discussion.

This limits the number of people willing to engage with the game or on the forums. Add all this to a >50% drop in players and you have your answer: the community you remember simply isn’t here anymore.

4 Likes

I stand corrected.

Forgot what day i started playing lol.

So we just need to remove k space and make it all WH space and well get the numbers again.

1 Like

For them, it was the greatest expansion at the height of EVE’s power. But for you, it was Tuesday.

2 Likes

Anyway, there was time when expansions were sizeable and community was fuelled with new players that stayed and expanded their ties with EVE, also looking into future and seeing additional content promised.
As for the reason why the expansions doesnt feel like they used to, maybe because CCP 10 years ago was something like 2 times larger when it comes to employees.

For the past, it happened so long ago, that these expansions start to occupy the same region of memory, constantly diminishing and waning. Someone could write “like EVE Online”…

1 Like

not to mention trying to find a corp now. again, last year i would get lots of offers but now its almost a ghost town.

2 Likes

isds and gms killed the community

2 Likes

3 Likes

A good chunk of the EVE Online discussion has shifted away from public forums like r/eve, twitter, and these forums over to internal channels. Major corporations and alliances have their own internal forums, discords, voice comms servers, etc. where discussion is still happening on a lively basis.

One of the biggest reasons you don’t see public forums like this thriving is because they’ve been flooded with leftover trash and crybabies. It’s often a waste of time trying to sort through the vast amounts of bad ideas, whiny complaints, and general trash. So people who actually care for meaningful discussion find a group to join and talk internally there.

3 Likes

I’ll have to burn my keyboard. I agree with Galaxy Pig on something. What’s next, avocado toast?

3 Likes

OP…

Do you have any more question why the forum is dead?

The toxivity level in the answers to this thread alone shows exemplary why…

With quotes like this you don’t need to say anything more “flooded with leftover trash”, “crybabies” “amount of bad(aka would be inconviniend for the poster of this) ideas” “whiny complaints” “general trash”…

Any more questions?

And with “meaningful discussion find a group to join and talk” he means people that have the same opinion as he has and don’t deny any of his ideas…

This is the niveau that is expected today…

Discussion?

Different ideas?

Or even exchange of views?

All this is not wanted…

One who has a different opinion is a: a troll or b: too dump to understand the benefits of MY opinion so no one today is willing to start a REAL discussion because after maximum 5 minutes it degenerates into insults because “you don’t have my opinion so you are the enemy”…

7 Likes

Exactly this kind of stuff. :slight_smile:

There used to be a time when people would have the thick skin to handle comments on the internet, but now everyone takes it all too personally and are easily triggered.

2 Likes

This is a really good point. There’s a lot of unproductive whining. There are still good things on the forum, you just have to avoid the clickbait titles.

1 Like

You really don’t see that you are the problem and not the solution?

4 Likes

QED…

3 Likes

that means?

I’m not the one who took a comment that someone made (that didn’t even refer to you in any way, shape or form) and decided “Scoots must be talking about ME I need to respond to that!”. I wasn’t talking about anyone in specific, but your ego is so big you thought I was talking about you? lmao

Like I said, too many kids taking words on the internet personally.

5 Likes

bro, you dont need to reply to everyone… it looks like YOUR ego is so big you need to continue

1 Like