What Has Been The Funniest Ship To Fly?

What for you all has been the funniest ship to fly? What kind of epic stories or tales do some of your ships hold in their rigging?

1 Like

Funniest? Probably battle badgers. Those where amazing.

Also going on rookie roams. Both full civilian fit ones and t2 fit. (They are crap ships compared to anything else. But considering they are free they can pack a punch in numbers)

1 Like

i think confessor might be my favourite ship overall

2 Likes

I don’t recall ever being amused by any ship I was flying. I guess there was that time someone said the Thorax looked like a dildo?

1 Like

Velator. SOE arc velator, null-exploration velator, running from a hunter velator. They do pop easily though.

1 Like

Combat venture… I ran a few events in EvE where I fit a bunch of ventures exactly the same, save for turrets. Then I held a free for all staging out of a bowhead. It was a lot of fun and people were able to really see the difference between say an AC fit, rail, and beam.

As for fleet… Funniest… I once managed to get a fleet of 14 random Red Fed guys to all fly Amarr. We did ok. It was just more amazing that we could get everyone into am amarr ship without having to wait for anyone to train a skill. (This was pre-injector).

1 Like

Bump Machariel.

I have plenty of stories of bravery and valor.

2 Likes

Ninja salvaging all-in-one stabber. Back in the glory days I’d blockade whole systems and pull 60-100m and hour. People would get pissed and try to setup gank fleets of mission runners to try and pick me off. God I miss the golden days. 6 hours to kill on a saturday and dozens of bears in a system for the taking…

Also, this one is 100% funny and 0% useful. The bumping stabber!

Fit battleship mwd and a bunch of overdrive injectors. warp to a belt at 100km. Manual fly directly at a miner(if you approach it will start to slow you down. Has to be manual). Overhest your mwd for 2-3 cycles. Hit the miner at 12000 km/s with 2/3 the mass of a battleship.

60km later the miner will be swearing in local. Bring some nanite paste to repair between runs, fire up netflix for rep cycles and reposition, and you’ve got a fantastic bit of entertainment on your hands. Doesn’t pay for ■■■■ though naturally.

1 Like

Well now I need to test this. How does it stack up against the stabber bumper?

Stabber can reach higher speeds but takes a longer run up for the bump. Good for punting ships into the next system, tearing a hole in space.

The Mach is agile and large. Combine that with the speeds you can reach and it’s a beast. The Machariel is hands down the ship you want if you’re looking to bump freighters and such.

Damn. Aight. I’ve actually been looking to make a bling bumper for added lulz and tears for a while. I ran through pyfa checking stabber fleet issue, all the fast hacs, and all pirate cruisers. Even checked Panther because I heard from a friend way back in the day that the speed bonus did scary things for bumping. None of them give any real lead.

So a Mach bumper just sounds like a special kind of cancer. Definitely going to look into that. Thanks for the heads up.

Forgot to quote lol

I’ve recently been toying with a MASB Imicus and gate gun baiting in low sec.

The engagements are sometimes shortlived as it’s easy to alpha but it has lead to some interesting cruiser fights with roughly a 50% success rate. Massively ISK positive, though and funny as hell.

1 Like

For obvious reasons I cannot tell you about my favourite ship, however I can share this… my favourite youtube video of an awesome kill :slight_smile:

1 Like

My funniest ship I flew and fly is this one

Vigil

It looks so retarded and feels like your literal flying a twig, like when they created ships at the minmatar junkyard they used the leftovers for this one.
But really useful and feels like it could explode any time.

2 Likes

I forgot my silliest ship I ever came up with. I made a reaper fitting(minmatar rookie ship) which exploited its terrible slot layout to make a simple kiting ship. It has had mixed results. The damage isn’t enough to break any active tanked ships(its like 40 dps) but I’ve managed to get players trapped where they can’t really escape either. Had players burn out their AB trying to break out. It’s good times.

1 Like

The Y-S8 10mn AB rifter with 250mm Artillery, back in 2010.

1 Like

When T3C’s warped backwards I didn’t clear my cache so I could fly backwards as long as possible before the hard fix arrived. Had many great laughs.

2 Likes

A Caldari shuttle loaded with PLEX, in auto-pilot if possible flying from Amarr/Dodixie to Jita.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.