What has happened to this game?

“Okay,” he says before breathing in deeply…

Nothing wrong with enjoying the PvE aspects of the game. Nothing wrong with being a straight up carebear either. However, this is a highly competitive, PvP-centric game. And if that’s not what you want out of the game, you should go play something else that caters to your desires.

Second, gankers suffer plenty of repercussions. Not sure why people keep insisting otherwise.

Third, ganking is actually balanced in favor of prey. People keep dying not because the inverse is true, but because there is no shortage of players doing stupid stuff. I think this is as it should be. There should be an area of space where newbros can find their footing, and where the risk adverse can hang out. However, that does not mean that I think HS should be safe. Moreover, I adamantly assert that people deserve to die when they do stupid things. That is how things work. That is how things should continue to work.

Instead of asking for their enemies to be nerfed, players who do not want to be ganked should learn proper risk management strategies. In fact, you can reduce your chances of being ganked to damn near zero if you know what you’re doing. If you want to know how, check out the “how not to be gankerbait” section of the linked post. And if you have any questions after that, feel free to ask. I will be happy to answer them.

Finally, no you will not be able to “fight back” in a hauler. However, that does not mean that you don’t have any options. If you can’t win a DPS race with gankers, then you should not try to win a DPS race with gankers. Instead, you should look to other tactics and strategies to figure out how to neutralize their threat. Believe it or not, this is rather easy. Check out the link if you want to know more.

No P2W

9 Likes