TL;DR: The game has changed dramatically over the last 2 years for an industry main and has me contemplating if 13yrs of my time was wasted or not. Also a breakdown of about how much money you gotta spend to get a 50M SP character towards the end.
First things first just to curb the shitposters, I’ve been playing this game since I was 12 back in 2008 and I am fully aware and understand the lethality of this game. Haven’t done much more than getting my feet wet in PvP (mainly cause ■■■■’s expensive and IRL friends are more Carebare than I), but the one thing I can’t stand is the high sec trolling of said Carebares. It’s always been a factor and one you could mostly avoid if you’re smart and pay enough attention (and I have made epically stupid mistakes in my day, favorite is AFKing in a hulk and letting rats blow it up). But frankly some days after getting yelled at by my boss I just want to come home and Zen out on a belt and not get harassed. And last couple of years this has become more and more difficult due to things completely outside of my control.
So if you’re only response is “LUL you mad?”, “Someone’s fee fee’s are hurt”, “Get gud” and/or just all around acting like children, You’re one of the problems I’m bringing up. Piracy with all that’s annoying about it is realistic and it’s not that I want it gone from the game and make this Carebare central cause I don’t think that’s fun either.
I got back into Eve in 2019 and it was for the most part the same game, biggest thing was plex selling in singles, pretty much tripling in price and Skill Injectors were new to me. Well the skill injectors were just Ironic cause I remember the Monocle Debacle where they swore up and down P2W wasn’t what they were after (and lets talk about how P2W it is that the higher in SP you get the less the Injectors give you when all the skills that are left take 2x-5x more SP, sucks to be an OG pilot ig), and well… The plex sucked. But the game was the same; fun, dangerous and expansive. Losing my ass in the span of a week killed my motivation for the game but that’s eve, pisses you off and a buddy starts playing again and lures back in some couple years later.
Fast forward 2yrs and what the hell guys.
- Brokers Fee’s to mod orders up to the 10% profit you’re buying and selling at, Inflating the market.
- Completely and utterly screwed the Industry system, Inflating the market.
- Moon Goo from 2B sitting duck Athanors are required for basic BP’s (For insight I’m in a 8 man corp that half are alts and all but 2 are industry based, so defending these from Goons is unlikely).
- Swapped a good chunk of reprocessed goods to low sec making it difficult to operate on mining/industry in high sec alone outside of the occasional wormhole/anomaly because “losses should hurt” (haven’t really had one yet that didn’t, do you play your own game?)
- Now taking a bunch of then Carebares and forcing them to try their hand at lowsec mining where the people who have lowseced for years smash many an attempt and then laugh at you for trying.
- Can’t get the required rss for basic ships w/o buying and/or losing your ass trying is just a double whammy, inflating the market.
- Meanwhile a vast percentage of null sec is unexplored/unclaimed because pirates are to busy abusing people in highsec or on the border of lowsec, that don’t have the skill or will to fight back.
- And for the people that were brave enough to venture out into that void and set themselves up you took away their assets by removing safety on afk stations and allowing these pirates to become multi trillionaires over night. What a slap in the face of anybody that’s played this game for any stint of time and had to step away cause your game pissed them off or life happened. Takes me years to come back to this game sometimes and 1 week is all trillions of dollars was worth? There are people in this game that haven’t seen that number in their life time (yes my 13yrs included; didn’t even happen to me, I was just so dumbfounded when I heard about that).
For all the money you’ve dumped into hired economists I’ll be damned if I couldn’t see it under a magnified glass. I understand that Eve is not a “casual” game, but like any game you have your casuals that just want to play the game FOR the game; and like any game your casuals make up a significant portion of your players. Like any game your trolls and hardcore hate your casuals, that’s a line any dev has to balance but what part of any of the above is balanced?
The thoughts of selling this toon off and not touching this game again have been more on my mind then any other time period this game has frustrated me. I always knew I’d come back to it before because I loved the game but, now I just feel like my time and SP has been wasted. But hey, if I did sell him and wanted to play again later I could always just come back and drop a grand on skill injectors and catch up right? What a joke.
For the stat nerds $500 plex package is 15,340 plex
15,340 * 2 = 30,680plex
30,680plex * 2.5m ISK = 76b ISK (minus a couple bill in brokers fees)
76b ISK / 600m Skill injectors = 128 Skill injectors
128 Skill injectors * 500,000 SP = 63.9m SP
Since I’ve always been well past the barriers idk if diminishing returns hit when it’s unallocated but even if it does you still get 51m SP. Congratulations, you’ve been playing the game for at least 1-3years straight, no breaks. Time to pirate!
And to those just saying get good, it’s an 80M SP character with enough in the way of combat as he has Industry. I can do both, I just shouldn’t be forced to.