What if Triglavians are Earthlings

Thanks for the mention Bernie~

So in EVE’s canon, earth is a long-gone distant memory; the EVE Gate wormhole opened in the late 7000s AD, and closed in AD 8061 - and the current relative year in the world of EVE now is AD 23357.

The Trigs are earthlings as much as any of our characters are - that is to say, they descend from the same original home but definitely aren’t some inheritor of Earth. Trig records have a LOT of references to an era of the Jove known as their Second Empire, and there’s a lot that indicates them to be closely related to (if not a branch of) the Jove themselves.

Having yet another Jove branch show up with no background would be boring, but there’s an abundance of old lore surrounding a Jove group known as the Enheduanni that matches preposterously well with some of what we know about the Trigs. Rebuilding this more esoteric faction into the Trigs works just fine for me in terms of worldbuilding; there’s been an Enheduanni-shaped hole in the lore for years that just never quite made sense.

I’ve got a few threads that can show all the info that goes into this, but this one in particular lays a lot of it out in a more digestible way: [Speculation] Theorizing the entangled past and future of the Triglavians and Drifters

And here are three more threads with a whole lot of info (when I say a lot I mean a LOT, there’s 17+ years worth of story to consider):

-The Lore of the Enheduanni
-The Lore of the Triglavian Collective
-The Lore of the Drifters
-The Lore of the Jove

10 Likes