What is HAPPENING TO EVE?

Properly understanding concurrency is hard work ? No. Concurrency is quite simply not the same thing as the number of people who actually log in each day. It is far more a reflection of the average time people spend logged in.

3 Likes

So you are telling me that the number of people playing hasn’t dropped since I used to play during the game’s peak? I wish that were the case, but what I’m seeing in the game tells me otherwise.

1 Like

If it was a “peak” then logically there are less players than that now.
Although everytime I log in it’s between 19k and 24k. I haven’t seen a “dramatic” drop since I’ve signed up to EVE.

No, I’m saying that the number of people playing at any one time ( which is what concurrency is ) may be lower…but that this is not the same thing as ‘the number of players’.

If all the currently active players logged in for half the time they do at the moment, you’d have exactly the same number of actual players…but concurrency would fall by half. The fact that you are seeing less people in the game is not necessarily the same thing as ‘there are fewer people playing’. Concurrency only partly reflects the number of active players…it is far more a reflection of how long each player spends online in any session.

4 Likes

Agreed total login time/playtime is an important metric. We don’t know many of the people are real also and so many people keep citing the concurrent player stat.

2 Likes

We aren’t likely to get the numbers that would tell us exactly what is happening. But if players are just playing less, then it would indicate they are losing interest. I’m certainly losing interest.

The answer to that question is way above my paygrade.

Please forward all complaints to the nearest Safety Officer for sorting in order of importance and be sure to tick the correct box for prompt correspondence.

FYI, the Complaints Department at Safety Headquarters once charged me 50Million ISK for the processing of my complaint and another 50million for the proof that the 1st 50million was paid.

The good news is that your Question may or may not jump the head of the queue though the bad news is that you may or may not need to fill in another Complaint if the first complaint had not been processed

While I agree with your assessment, you have to take it in context as well.
Summertime is bad for EvE.
Look at last summers levels.

27.000 period average last year vs 17.000 period average this year.
Thats a minus 10.000.

And it will continue dropping because people subs run out and they won’t re-sub until something drastically changes… they only have two choices: either continue milking as hard as possible with even more pay2win store packages, even higher subfees and so on - or revert the changes and actually deliver content.

And since the biggest Pay2Win publisher ever known to PC gaming, PearlAbyss, bought them out, i can only see that there will more store packages and more milking incoming…

2 Likes

Grind bears would love that, and it’s not happening. Cry all you want, stamp your feet, act like a toddler. Nobody cares about the economic destructive nature of you and your ilk. CCP Thanos snapping away a large portion of the grind bots is the best things they’ve ever done and it shows long term commitment.

1 Like

period average dropped from 27k to 17k within a year

“the best things they’ve ever done”

:sweat_smile:

CCP is clearly aiming for quality, not quantity. And by the quality of your posting you belong in the latter category.

By quality you mean feeding off whales with more store packages and higher sub fee.

thats some next level whiteknighting there lul

If paying 33% higher subfee makes you feel like higher quality human beeing… aw dude whatever

Given your incessant whining you are clearly the weakest link. Goodbye.

But who jumps into the convo with personal insults only instead of arguing the topic like a grown up?

Could be worse. Could be only posting about impending doom in all one’s posts, using the same argument. Not going to bother further, enjoy your childish raging.

I’d rather sit on 6 posts versus 1.400… for a game which just sold out and lost 1/3rd its playerbase within couple of months.

I know it hurts deeply even me, but as someone so invested like you the pain must be unbearable :sob: hence the insults and slander.

We see your posts a lot. The game is slowing down for you so it must be the end of the !#$#@'ing world.

If eve offline is any indication (and by all assessments, it still is), then we’re about to hit the peak of summer and the crest of the Eve is dying threads.

Eve has been dying since the summer of 2004.

1 Like

The first “eve is dying” post was made within 2 months after launch in 2003 :slight_smile: it was an unironical whine post.

2 Likes

Can I have your stuff?