What is low sec even for?

Lowsec is something I’ve always wanted to properly try. I like the idea of FW and the tribalism that it can contain. Just not ready to tank my empire standings. Maybe one day…

the tribalism is great
i like to kinda "role-play " the amarr guy
so i insult the galente and the mimatar every time i can
but is just a joke
after the fight is GF and the regulars are kinda friendly in all sides
is like a gentleman fight

2 Likes

Are there large organized fleet battles when one militia is making a push? I remember hearing a lot about Biohazard(?) or Winmatar(?) back in the day and a lot of neat sounding large-scale brawling. Is this still a thing?

yes
like i said i don’t like coms and im most of the time solo but there is a loot of fleets and militia Chanel is quite fun
even i help to take some systems wen people really insist lol

Look at the kills in Floseswin for the last three months. Fighting every day. Solo, small gang and big fleets. FW is very much alive. Piracy is alive. You’ll get to know your enemy very well and kill them a lot.

If you don’t know what low sec is for…you not playing EvE properly.

High sec is for rock poppers…poor buggers

2 Likes

If you are enlisted in a militia, you will not get standings penalties of shooting pilots in opposing militias. You only get a standings hit when you pod someone.

1 Like

Lowsec was good for piracy, when it mattered. Then it died.

1 Like

Make battleships great in lowsec by giving them a dmg buff x 4.75 normal base damage when in Low Sec

What is high sec for? What is null sec for? What are wormhole systems for? Low sec is ultimately for the same purpose.

From a lore perspective, low sec is a band of the security spectrum between high(er) security space, where empire laws are actively enforced, and null security space, where the empires can only really apply “soft” power. It is the buffer, the border, the twilight between two kinds of order, and in so being, it is an order all it’s own.

From a gameplay perspective, low sec is a set of environmental conditions that put the aggressor on more equal footing than high sec and the defender on more equal footing than null. You could consider NPC null a midway between full blown sovereign null and low sec, and high sec and w-space would be the extremes. You might even put faction warfare low sec between high sec and standard low sec.
starter systems > high sec > fw low sec > low sec > NPC null > sovereign null > w-space

What are they for? I dunno . . .

That can be helped.

High Sec: Anarchy

Low Sec: Wild Wild West

Null Sec: Gentlemen leagues

WHs: A blend of the other three

Low sec is a no man’s sky before it was turned into some other game.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.