What is the best way to find a target

Another good piece of advice is flying something that is perceived as “weak and easy to kill” - or not.
Don’t crucify me but I spend a lot of time on the test server, trying out new things or giving common things I haven’t participated in a try.

I will do thing on the live server again some day but for now it is more theory what I am doing but there is not to say, I don’t have funny stories to share.

So back when the main pvp system was in Syndicate 6-CZ49 with one NPC station one main rule was that there shall be no pew pew at the station to let people undock and warp in peace.
I was playing with Maller fits at the time and was trying to figure out what to do with the Maller with so many different options.

There was this guy, flying a Hecate, attacking everyone on the station undock and I thought he should be careful what he is doing.
The Hecate is a scary ship with loads of damage but not so much tank - more an Eris with better mobility.
While the guy continued to cause trouble I thought I should put my theories to a test and undocked my fresh a new ship smelling Maller which had a fit that would cost 19 million isk on the live server, compared to the 130 million tech 3 boat.

To the guy that Maller seemed like “easy picking on the weak” - or not. So he engaged me with his 600 or 9000dps boat and was very sure that he could beat a 4 million isk cruiser (with a 12 year old pilot at the helm) and to his utter surprise he died 2 minutes later, not doing any damage at all - well he scratched the paint a little.

Find a ship that look “engeable” and fit it, so it can last and win.

No I will not share that Maller fit but it’s not rocket science.

1 Like

:slight_smile: I think this is where on the live server things might fall down, because (last I checked) if you see a Maller out in space, it is definitely cyno equipped and it definitely has all low slots full of armour plates, so henceforth one does not simply engage a Maller…

Unless you’re saying people use Mallers now for other things… :thinking:

Or is it simply another devious ploy to get me to engage your Maller so you can drop me!! HaHA!! I am onto your evil plan!.. and may still fall for it. :wink:

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

1 Like

Ouuh :frowning:
Sounds like the same thing that happened to me when I started to pvp in my Moas.

People thought I was baiting. Well it doesn’t have to be a Maller, there are other ships that look weak but aren’t.

2 Likes

t1 logi ships are a favoured solo bait pvp boat i think, i mean you dont see them everywhere but yeh, defo baity

If you by chance stumble upon our home (J140810), call out to the locals and ask for a 1v1 honor brawl? Or if you want to sneak up on us, simply wait a few minutes off one of our Static connections. Either approach will get you all the action you desire, it’s not only a requirement in WHSOC, its a Rite of Passage!

Tell them I sent you and demand a Honor Brawl. And if Im online, I will gladly give you the content that we both deserve as players. :fire: :slight_smile:

@Mr_Glaser

WHSOC -Jump to be Known

1 Like

Delve is good for solo hunting,

Start in Jita, in an empty clone, grab a Wolf…

[Wolf, Mr B]
EFFA Compact Assault Damage Control
Federation Navy 200mm Steel Plates
‘Refuge’ Adaptive Nano Plating I
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer
Gyrostabilizer II

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Faint Epsilon Scoped Warp Scrambler

200mm AutoCannon II
200mm AutoCannon II
200mm AutoCannon II
200mm AutoCannon II
Small Ghoul Compact Energy Nosferatu

Small Anti-Explosive Pump II
Small Projectile Burst Aerator II

Hail S x2000
Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S x2000
Republic Fleet EMP S x2000
Barrage S x2000
Republic Fleet Fusion S x2000
Nanite Repair Paste x258

Fly to Delve, hunt the green site runners,
use Dotlan to find the most active systems,
Enter system, warp sun, dscan for targets, warp in, kill target.
The wolf gets very high EM resists, the ratters do em damage.
I did this one Saturday morning got 9 solo kills, no scout, no links, no implants. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know what I will be doing tomorrow morning. Also I love the wolf.

1 Like

not everyone wants to be suitonia

1 Like

Use killboard to see what for some systems that are relevant, if you lok for solo fight

You cannot be serious. Getting boson’d back to highsec would not be my idea of a “good fight”.

1 Like

You can get some half decent fights down there but it would seem that this bosoning on gates has become a thing down there; not sure if its related to the interceptor change or just because of the rorqual mining buzz.
Needless to say, they have a lot of titans now.

Its funny that the big bloc that really pushed for many ‘pvp’ changes because ‘overpowered’ do not seem to have too much issue with their being no counters to titans or bosoning etc.

But apparently interceptor nullification is bad and impossible to deal with…

1 Like

That is why I say that people whom cannot fly or fit ships should recuse themselves from any “balance” decisions and let the grown ups talk.

There are many other, I would trust much more in those kinds of things than some goon.

1 Like

Join Faction warfare, preferably Minmatar or Amarr. Go to the most contestet system and either offensively or defensively run the complexes there. Either you will find someone to kill or after some waiting someone will find you.

I have been in FW for a while and even if I did manage to find some good solo fight, the is a lot of gang play there and also a lot of multiboxers.

Gone are the days where we’d get a 1v1 invite in Hek or Dodi, where did the griefers go? Well keep looking @Limar_Arjar as many suggested low sec FW is good, you may as well join corps who’ve legal stance towards pv,or try merc corps. If nothin just shoot random people and force them into pvp! :grin:

T3 destroyers and cruisers seem to be the perfect ship if you want to be a hunter, since they both get massive CPU reductions for expanded probe launchers. You can roam through low sec and check for soft targets or AFK pilots. I tend to gank 1-2 targets for every hour of roaming in a T3D. It’s best to patrol 1-2 constellations and bookmark every exploration site. That way, the next time you see an Astero or Prospect on D-scan, you’ll know which site they’re at without wasting time.

You can do the same in NPC null sec with a nullified interceptor. NPC null sec tends to attract alot of cov-ops and frigate-sized explorers. I like to fly a Stiletto with 3 overheated warp disruptors when hunting this way.

The stilleto tactic seems pretty nice. I really like flying intys they’re so fast!!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.