What is the best way to get ISK from blueprints?

Just a quick question, is it better to create the blueprint and sell the product, or is it better to just deal the blueprint to others.

Depends on the blueprint, your building skills, and how desperate you are for ISKies.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I need ISK kinda urgently, the blueprint is a griffin, its just a quick buck.

1 Like

You can build that thing with minimal skills for next to nothing and have it on the market in a few hours. To sell the BP you need to put up a contract near a trade hub and make sure its for substantially less than the other thousand Griffin contracts in the area.

The decision is yours.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

3 Likes

ok, thanks

3 Likes

You’re generally going to lose value by building normal ships, where the minerals you need have more value than the end product.

There are a bunch of websites and programs that can help you determine your profit (if any) beforehand. Like this one: Blueprint Calculator - Blueprint Display

like everything in this game there is never a clear answer to anything

3 Likes

You can make copies of the original blueprint and sell them in Contracts or Hypernet them. Copies have limited number of runs unlike the the originals. This will not work well with the Griffin, since it is commonly found in the careers as a reward.

They wouldn’t want to give us everything on silver platter now. The game works, that’s already something to be grateful for.

2 Likes

it depends…

1 Like

The money you make from selling griffins will be a constant little trickle of isk that will require you to constantly get the minerals to build them, but is long term.

You can get a one time cup of isk by selling a researched BPO, but then you have to start the research process over again.

Do you want a steady trickle of long-term income, or do you want a one-time cup of isk right now?

1 Like

The best way is to convert RL cash via VISA/Paypal etc into Isk, then you buy the best Blueprints you can get, then, in the medium to longterm, you will make a profit. This is the best way. Good luck.

4 Likes

You have to develop a system that standardizes the time and isk investment you make going from 0/0 to 10/20 and then compare one BPO to another. You wil then find that Griffin is a waste of time and so is all the stuff listed in the pic in the following response. I can tell by your statements that industry isnt for you.

Maybe this can serve as a bit of help, insight, inspiration or whatever:

Blueprints are so oversaturated, and have been for 5+ years.

Buying and researching today does nothing but give CCP sub $$$.

Only manufacture from them and only from bpcs from contracts.

ROI on blueprint investment will never ever ever happen again in the game unless CCP realizes how truly long and ridiculous the process is and slashes researching and production times by 90%.

Just another industrial bottleneck that facilitates boredom and eliminates fun.

1 Like

Your suggestion of slashing times by 90% would make the issue worse and turn BPOs into a commodity. The cheap fast ones are the ones that are over-saturated. They dont need to do anything but stop pandering to nullsec with it all being driven to Cits and for ISK gains over time invested by the owner. Have you seen the price difference between nice bpos in low vs nullsec? Some are FIFTY FKN BILLION to get to 10ME in lowsec at the best Cit and less than 5b for nullsec.

This is not an exaggeration. I have 900+ lines total to qualify my views.
Also, over-saturated is only ship bpos. Look at the Components. Some are up 400% in value in the last few months and thats mostly due to myself and other multiboxers simply not doing them atm.
Markets change and fluctuate but noobs always come to game and make the same mistakes with frigates and T1 cruisers.

1 Like

Isn’t it interesting how so many people think that when there’s too much of something, the only solution is to try to make it even cheaper to try to “boost profits?” Mining income too low? CCP BOOST THE YIELDS RIGHT NOW WE’RE NOT MAKING ENOUGH MONEY!!1 etc. etc.

You can tell right away who the simpletons are. This isn’t even a concept people need to go to school to learn; it’s just common sense. Yet the majority of the populace doesn’t even come close to being aware of its very basics. It’s uncanny to me.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.