What is the game missing most

I guess I’m mistaken about the basic capabilities of people… do your parents know you’re on a PEGI-13 game? :wink:

4 Likes

Yes…

1 Like

I always go with you’re a Jean Luc Picard, not a Han Solo; a commander with automated systems and minions to do your bidding, not the pilot himself.

The whole feature had zero use. If they actually had added some gameplay it would have been used for sure, but they ■■■■■■ the launch up so hard they got scared to iterate on it. It was hardly surprising no one used it.

2 Likes

Actually it used to be possible to move around in stations, but it was probably very little used and it got removed. Agree with you though.

People tend to forget, or haven’t been around long enough to know, but CCP introduced such customization for walking in stations which they removed.

They listen so hard to the wrong people in their game that they consider randomly changing ship stats around as balancing to change up the current meta when they could just create a counter to the meta. Instead of creating walking in stations and then deciding dust was not gonna be on PC, they could have focused on expanding walking in stations to connect with dust. But obviously, that requires it being on pc since eve online is on pc.

You could still have a stand alone client that non eve players could log into. It looked like a good game even from the view videos I watched online, but I didn’t own a play station and I do not have the funds available to drop hundreds of $$ on a system that will only get some use for one video game. I don’t intend to create a hobby burning through money on video games simply to justify a purchase for a system.

They should have created an addition to walking in stations that allowed people to see one another in a hub and allow face to face trading like you can already do in stations as it is. Then from there, a room separate where you can change your dust character’s outfitting from and even join dust matches. I bet eve online planetary bombardments would be more common place. They were going in the right direction but made some decisions, that cost them. Stop catering to people and just create more of the game man. Fix actual bugs, not some ship’s stats so some alliance somewhere can get an edge or change for the sake of change. People value creation more than modification.

5 Likes

Exactly.

We can already talk to our buddies. We can already trade. We can already get missions from agents. We can already repair our ships. Reprocess ore.

Putting in a station environment was just a way to do the same things but slower.

1 Like

Not to mention that all that dev time/effort/money isn’t going into areas that desperately need it.

In a perfect world, sure…but we’re so far from perfect ATM so…

Like I said, they shouldn’t listen to you.

4 Likes

No, this isn’t The Sims. One of the very few good decisions ccp made the last few years was getting rid of the idiotic WiS bullshyte.

Deleted 23 off-topic posts and the replies to them. Please stay on topic, and be civil to each other

5 Likes

They should just throw more money down the drain trying to make five minute features for you and less than 10% of the playerbase eh?

Well done!

2 Likes

Yeah, how dare they listen to the people pointing out the realistic evaluation of a potential new feature, they should throw development time at it because one person on a forum thinks it would look cool.

The simple truth is that WIS was a test bench for the WoD game they were working on, nothing more. It added nothing to EVE, had no potential to add anything to EVE, and once its usefulness as a test bench ended with the cancellation of WoD there was no reason to continue to maintain it. Please do not fall for the marketing hype that CCP took advantage of, WIS was never capable of being the thing you are dreaming of.

Agree with Merin here. While it might be ‘nice’ in some ways to have more character/avatar interaction in the game, there is just no actual use for it in EVE beside cosmetic. You don’t waste developer time on a feature that has no link or tie-in with the rest of the game.

Star Trek Online works with ships and character avatars both, because the IP started out that way, because they have integrated ground and space combat portions of the game, because the potential audience is much larger and more socially oriented than the EVE audience and IP.

To make ‘character avatars’ viable in EVE would require programming ground/planet avatar interaction, adding functions to stations that aren’t simply slower and clumsier versions of functions we already have (as @Daichi_Yamato already pointed out), and would require all new programming for ground items or gear to enable those new functions. It would be a project on the scale of the making of Dust 514 except more complex because it would have to integrate with all the existing EVE code. Since they already struggle with fairly simple, one-off additions to EVE (like new events and chat systems), I can’t see this being technically possible.

Dev time is better spent on improving the core features of EVE, not trying to franken-graft non-functional bells and whistles onto it in order to attract 3% more players.

Go back to WoW

:smiley: :smiley:

They also shouldn’t listen to people like you, who come up with ideas which could cause problems for people who really want this. This game does not need more and more people who can not seperate reality from fiction. It does not need, nor require, more people who try to be an"ideal" self through their characters.

Yet that is exactly what you’re advocating for: Better “immersion”. Walking “selfs”. Animations.

Visual social interactions allowing you to more and more lose yourself in an ideal idea of yourself, which you not only aren’t, but which you also fail to be in the real world.

2 Likes

No turn eve into WOW millions of players cannot be wrong…:slight_smile:

Me in it.

Q : What is the game missing most
A: Developers with brain.