What is your favorite alternative way to use a ship?

Kirk out.

3 Likes

I’ve used a Venture to hunt explorers. They always assume that it’s a harmless ship lol.

2 Likes

Ships have roles and bonuses.

The ‘right’ way to use a ship is to use it in the intended role it is created for and/or has bonuses for.

An ‘alternative’ use for a ship is to use it effectively in a role that was not intended (for example a combat probe tackle Venture).

The ‘wrong’ way to use a ship is to try an alternative fit, which is completely inefficient at what it does compared to the available intended alternatives (mining Miasmos).

The difference between ‘alternative’ and ‘wrong’ may be a fine line, but you can find it this way:

• newbie X is flying ship A and not having success with it. You look at the bonuses and conclude there is a better ship for him to do what he wants. He was using the ship in a wrong way.
  • player Y is flying ship B and having success with it even though the ship bonuses do not suggest the ship was intentionally made for this. He is using the ship in an alternative way.

Judgement and success are the difference between ‘alternative’ and ‘wrong’ and opinions may differ, but everyone will laugh at a suicide ganking Iteron, which is objectively flying the ship the wrong way.

2 Likes

Its just a parrot saying things it thinks are signifigant.

1 Like

Maybe it’s a language issue.
“Right” and “intended” are often used synonymously.

There’s the intended way …
… and there’s the unintended ways.

Like the BumpNado!

Slap a big, fat mwd onto it …
… overdrives …
… and the most important part: a cloak for hard brakes!

I really like the BumpNado.

Oh I never thought of using a cloak for breaking! (And may not yet have needed a reason to do so either :yum:)
Does it really get a ship to stop faster than ctrl space?

Oh yes! Oh so much!
It’s extremely beneficial when the mwd is running.

That’s why I call it a hard brake!

1 Like

What are your use cases, scenarios, and contexts for this ‘hard brake’?

1 Like

I’m having lots of fun in a smartbombing Legion. You can also do it in a Proteus but the Legion has a wider engagement profile.

Salvage catalyst is something I used to use quite a bit in lowsec.

2 Likes

…up until it works that one time…

–Gadget has seem some strange things

2 Likes

Then I would laugh even harder! :joy:

2 Likes

When they brought out alphas, I was having newbros train into dessies to salvage since a noctis is unavailable to them.

1 Like

some times i fit weapons and shot people 1v1 … mind blowing

If I had a Megathron Shampoo bottle I wash my hair with the awesome of the Megathron every day.

Then I’d use the Nyx body spray to cover myself in Nyx.

1 Like

I have a nice model of a Rattlesnake I use to iron shirts.

1 Like

My own top three of weird fits:

1. Pilgrim (exploration, Solo PvP)
  2. Falcon (exploration)
  3. Exequror (Solo PvP)

Incursus: Bullfighting
Comet: Bullfighting
Ishkur: Bullfighting

Had my first success with a bait prospect…

2 Likes

Oh I dunno you can use it as a had maybe?