In space ship swapping

Hi All, I have been thinking about a few things lately and one of the things which came to my mind was regarding the mechanics around titans and the tactical clonebays and such, how you as a capsule spawn at a ship, or if you have a clone installed in a rorqual you’ll appear in space next the ship and such.

and it got me thinking just a little bit about something, in my years of experience i’ve heard capsuleers say, all be it not many times about swapping ships with another pilot, they have to go dock up and then trade the ships to each other. one of my earliest memories in the game was actually seeing a ship someone had left abandonded at a gate in highsec, a buddy of mine went and docked up and came back in his pod and quite happily took the ship, which in that instance, sure its the right thing to do.

but it just got me thinking, its a shame there isn’t a way to actually swap ships in space, this system may very well be used by various pilots in the game or perhaps even during fleet ops for some tactical purpose.

but it just has been rattling around in there, like how you can agree to duel, you can agree to ship swap, where the game will eject you and then load you into the opposing ship. allowing two pilots to trade ships in space.

just wanted to throw it out there, just thought it would be pretty cool.

This would be hard to implement since a lot of game mechanics surround this… Alpha/Omega status /skills of other pilot etc.
its a no from me.

1 Like

You can already trade ships in space.

Just not without risks. And this is EVE, risks are part of the game!

I we did that may be thousad times… it was part of the way we were thriving for years…
We switched ships in training sessions , we swithced ships in fights we have Bowheads out nearly 7/24 …so even we switch ships board from bowheads too… was like which one this one nah that one … oh sitiation changed this one better… lol we can thrive for hours without need to dock up anwhere out in space…

Once we had been training rookies for combat probing :slight_smile: it is very csncer to do it in started system because scan cluttered by hundreds of abandoned rookie ships in spawn land so they also learn how to rafine their search options according to find what they are looking for …

Once we warp that spawn location as fleet there was couple of old vets frirend with me … and bunch of very new pilots …

I have switched one of these ships which was enpty but named by the pilot…
When i had been foolin around one of the old friends boarded my ship and it was MY SHIP ! And i need it i costomise it for next training session .

Fun and banters afterward was hillarious… we just end up with shooting at each oather … one of good old days … bastard didnt give my ship back :rofl:
Thanks for making me remember that night \o/ A memory i remember with smile …

Oh another memory \o/

I have been new to PvP, had been barely fallow the FCs orders often stay back or totally get lost in roams… people picking my pieces from over here over there…
I had no PvP skills, my training queue long,. I wanted to be usefull!
So i begin to train myself for combat probing … with practice i could be very fast to pinpoint possible targets !

New pilot … of course no isk… i begin to find drones and stuff in low sec like 5 of them gave me 2.5 mil isk… which i can afford 5 pack t1 fitted frig packs from corp contracts… which means to afford 5 more fights for me !

One day i find a corvette on scan… corvettes are so small and hard challenge also to find … i just did it for the name of practicing… i havent been expecting anything more…

After some time i found it… warp to … it was something called leopard… it has pilot name but nobody in it … I bookmark location… went back dock up my ship … undock warp to location board the ship and dock it …
Then i search market … what is that thing ? I have never seen before ???

So in turn it wad fastest corvette in game with 110 mil price tag !

Oh sooo happy ! Dream about ampunt of packs i can buy with it !

210 ships ffs! Was threasure for me !

Yes i never had issues to finance my PvP learning process…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.