What music are you listening today?

1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Ben E. King - Stand By Me // Amy Turk, Harp

3 Likes

This song is covered by so many Gr8 artists, but this is the best version.

2 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes

Looks like someone either just escaped from a gate camp, or the 1970’s…

1 Like
2 Likes

Because I was at JKD and Kali last night :slight_smile:

2 Likes
3 Likes

Used this Moby track to score a 15min doco ten yrs ago.

2 Likes

I turn the volume all the way up to 11 and listen to this at 3 AM in the morning. My neighbors love it too.

1 Like

Icelanders should know :wink:

2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
3 Likes

David Rawlings - Cumberland Gap

1 Like

Dude, I just found out about Waxahatchee (through college radio again), and I’ve been soaking the family here with “Wichita Lineman” since Glenn passed. ‘The Interconnected Lattice of Cosmic Unconsciousness.’ -Repo Man.
Did you know:
-Wichita Lineman was by songwriter Jimmy Webb written in half a day, on a piano painted green, and the paint still sticky? They called him up and said “We need one more song for the record, and we’re running out of studio time! Got to be today!”

-Jimmy didn’t have time to finish the third verse. So that’s why there’s a solo there. Glen borrowed a Danelectric 6-string bass/baritone guitar from the bass player and played it.

-They told Jimmy ‘Give us another song about a town’ (“Galveston,” “Phoenix”) but there was no time for that. So he remembered a road trip going through flat dry Oklahoma when he was 12. Weird sensation of nothing to see but approaching and passing telephone poles, staggered in measured intervals, staggered to the left and right. They came up to and flashed past one pole, and there was a guy at the top of it, out in the middle of nowhere, talking on a telephone. So he wrote the song about that kid memory instead.

-Jimmy thought the song sooked all around. There was no time to write the lyrics or finish it up, the thing wasn’t even finished.
Source: Recent BBC News article

2 Likes