What music are you listening today?

2 Likes

Thanks for writing on the creative process and history that Web went though in creating one of his most famous songs. Jimmy Webb is great songwriter.

Jimmy Webb - MacArthur Park

In an interview, Webb pretty much said Summers owned it. Must have been all those damn royalty checks. :wink:

Donna Summer - MacArthur Park

2 Likes

alt-J - Deadcrush (Spike Stent Mix)

2 Likes

3 Likes

One of my favorite songs since my childhood :heart:

4 Likes
1 Like

PS: Cant wait for the album relase
 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hmm, Jimmy made MacArthur Park too eh. My memory of that one is from Richard Harris (the actor)'s version on his album “My Boy.” TBH, even at 8 years old I was a puzzled by and a little skeptical about these lyrics:
Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don’t think that I can make it
Cause it took so long to bake it
And I’ll never have that recipe again
Again!
In the early days of the internet, they were voted #1 for worst song lyrics ever. They can’t be the worst ever, maybe just the funkiest/weirdest in the middle of an epic melody. Anyway, here’s SCTV’s version of Richard Harris redo-ing "MacArthur Park."

3 Likes
1 Like

Mothership over the whitehouse
Has your president shook

4 Likes

Just researched about the song lyrics. Apparently, he seen a cake in the rain once. :smiley:

2014: Jimmy Webb discusses famous lyrics in ‘MacArthur Park’

Loved SCTV. “Hey,
 who though that brick!” If I had a beer for every time I’ve heard that.

I keed.

1 Like

First track I played on my show last night for Eve Radio (eve-radio.com or gamingnow.net). Sit back, relax, and enjoy the melodic juice.

2 Likes

Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards’ songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

2 Likes

LOL I kind of suspected Jimmy had had a real cake in the rain experience, after reading the story of how he wrote 'Wichita Lineman.'
Yeah, SCTV had a lot of great stuff, and a lot of great people started there.

2 Likes

The Zodiac - Cosmic Sounds “MUST BE PLAYED IN THE DARK” Those lyrics, epic and stick in your head. 12 astrological signs made into a distinct song, according to the nature of the sign. All analog, in 1967.
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

DONOVAN- ATLANTIS

1 Like

J.S. Bach, Chaconne (Violin Partita No. 2 BWV 1004) — AndrĂ©s Segovia . (13:55)

3 Likes

Damonte Ranch High School Orchestras - Eine Kleine Nachtmusik IV. Rondo
Reno, NV on March 12th, 2015

3 Likes
3 Likes

1 Like