What’s your favorite frigate and why

What’s your favorite frigate and why? Frigates are the most fun ships to fly so everyone should have a favorite

I like the ishkur because I can use ecm drones and make people mad lol

1 Like

Astero it’s high quality white trash and it’s an excellent exploring ship and killer it also has a decent skin collection

2 Likes

Dramiel.
Fast. Pretty effective. Looks really mad
Fast.

4 Likes

2 actually:

Keres: Why am I pointed? Why can’t I lock?
Sentinel: Where’s my cap?Why do my guns shoot into my ship?

3 Likes

Dramiel. Fast and the unique Sariel’s Flames skin

4 Likes

T1 non-pirate: Tristan - I quickly realised how useful drones were in PVE
T1 pirate: Astero - cloaky drone carrier, great for exploration.
The frigate I usually fly: Scalpel

2 Likes

Three for me:

1. Astero - great for exploring, hacking, having a general ‘look-round’ outside of hi-sec, etc.

2. Tristan - good drone ship for hi-sec combat sites (also SOE Arc).

3. Incursus - brilliant for lo-sec ratting - get in fast, orbit at 500, laugh maniacally while you massacre an npc battleship !

1 Like

Damavik. Unreal performance for a frigate that can fit two neuts and doesn’t need a damage mod to hurt.

1 Like

Heron on my Jita thief alt. :fishing_pole_and_fish: :smiling_imp:

As an exploration frigate it has nice cargo space for stolen loot in opposition with other frigate types and as such can also be fit for combat (or regular) scanning; can fit enough salvagers and has bonus to them (may also include a tractor beam to grab blue loot); has five mid slots for shield extenders, scrams, sensor boosters and a prop mod in the required combination as needed; the low can be fitted for extra tank / with signal amplifier / cargo extension / agility as needed also; and it can field three light drones as well. :+1:

1 Like

Vengeance, the thing is a little brawling brute. I solo’d a hookbill, hound and wolf all at once in a dual rep fit one, best solo fight ive had in eve. would pick it over any other frigate for pvp (other than an alliance tournament frig, those things are mental)

1 Like

Harpy, it is a highly underestimated badass!

2 Likes

Tristan. I brought the kitey Tristan fleet to a number of groups both as a member and an enemy. Some notables are BNI ran them for a bit after I took renters in them to their space for a few weeks. Wingspan, euni, rabble (naturally). Marmite in occasion.

Why is it my favourite? Because it used to be super fast shield fit and turned well. Things fast enough to catch it rarely could handle 5 light drones

1 Like

My favourite is the Revelation. Because frigates are far from the most fun to fly.

2 Likes

Yea let’s include capital’s as well in this thread for people who’s reactions have slowed down so much that Capitals feel fast too.

1 Like

Nobody said it feels fast. I said it feels fun. If I want fast pace I’ll play a shooter that hasn’t got 1 second server ticks.

3 Likes

Atron - because everyone wants to fight it

5 Likes

Merlin, it feels like a jack of all trades ship with moderate damage and a moderate MASB tank.

1 Like

T1 - Incursus, that rep bonus lends itself greatly to face tanking. Couple that with blasters and you truly have a beautiful thing.
Faction/empire - Fed navy comet even nastier than little bro incursus, minus the rep bonus though.
Pirate - Garmur, who doesn’t love pointing something at the edge of targeting range and orbiting at 5k/s while you chip away at your helpless victim.
T2 - wolf absolutely shreds ratting vnis and even ishtars (much tougher). You want to fix afk ratting? Hand out the wolf. The ones fighting sansha rats anyway.

1 Like

I’m going to be weird and say Anathema. Throughout my “eve career” it’s the ship I’ve flown the most in fleets and when I was in an alliance.

As an “eyes and ears” scout it may not be the best one but as an overall package to me it is, besides it looks funky.

2 Likes

This guys right. Changing mine to greatly outnumbered Hyperion

1 Like