What's New in W-Space since 2012? ...looks like a Graveyard out there!

First, I know all about google and searching for info all by myself, but I’m working on this new Forum Trust system to be able to create tags and stuff. Some robot suggested I start a topic. Also, maybe I’ll get lucky and connect with a good group.

So, I last logged in a WH in 2012 and that was for like minutes to discover awesome bookmark sharing update. My last actual activity was 2011 (USTZ) when we shared books in a can and used whatever home-grown precursors existed before Siggy (or whatever mapping app is used now).

Now I read about some NPC type system called Thera and that there are constructable stations in w-space. So, uh what else should I know? More systems? I’d imagine it’s getting crowded in there by now…

Also, who’s who among the competent PVP oriented WH groups? I can care less about sleepers or whatever is being farmed in w-space these days.

Edit: omg, after over a decade of waiting, nullsec is finally without local? The implications are spinning my brain

1 Like

So the changes arent many. There are shattered WH systems where you cannot anchor structures, there are C13 WHs which are small ship only but get the C6 Wolf rayett bonus, you can moon mine but its only good for regular ores, drifters spawn in certain sites C5 and 6. Thera is owned by Sisters of Eve and has NPC stations you can jump clone to.
With citadels anything inside them drops if someone blows them up. WH space is not crowded by any means. As for the PvP groups you have many, but im not a fan of turning WH space into more of a “just join the big group” like null turned out.

3 Likes

I only started playing after 2013, the stuff that got introduced while I was playing was:

1. All the scanning changes, making scanning less of a chore
  2. Pirate data/relic sites in low class wormholes making wormholes a lot more new player friendly
  3. Changes to cap escalations, including drifters
  4. Shattered wormholes, including a few ‘special’ wormholes such as:
  • Thera
  • Drifter wormholes (sentinel, barbican, conflux, etc…)
  • Sansha wormholes
  • C13 frigate only wolf-rayets
  1. Citadels made wormholes a lot more liveable, and evictions a lot less grindy

Thankfully, scanning is faaaar easier now than it was when I played 2010. So, far my favorite mapping system is Pathfinder.

After scanning down some 1000+ signatures and visiting near 100 wormhole systems it looks like a graveyard out there.

99% of the POSes have no shield, just sitting there like space trash.

Citadels and other stations are everywhere, but seemingly abandoned by various 8 member corps. Anoik.is can only tell me so much and maybe people are cloaked up or docked up, but still …looks dead most places (and I scan for ships, wrecks and drones in every corner of every system).

At least, I see scan probes fairly regularly, so I know others are scanning; but other than an occasional site hacker or random flyby on wormhole I don’t see anyone doing much.

So, is activity in the J space on the down trend? Are the bears (krabs) so pro now at hiding? Or am I doing it wrong?

WHAT ?!
Two years living in a wormhole and I’ve never heard about the best faction in the game actually having wormholes too ???

WHERE ARE THEY, HOW DO I GET IN ONE PLEASE TELL ME !!!

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Shattered_wormhole_systems#J005299

There are actually 3 of them, all are C4s, and they each have a different kspace static as well as other statics.

Thanks for the link !

Well, I suppose I have to hunt them down now…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.