When did ccp kill **YOUR** playstyle?

CCP didn’t really kill my playstyle. They just let it rot. :disappointed:

Hi, my name is Ishtanchuk Fazmarai and I was a mission runner.

Music theme: Pascal Comelade - Stranger in Paradigm (2007; the video linked features a NSFW record sleeve)

1 Like

I say quit b^tchin because they making you have to go after Real pvp players. instead of Noobs

2 Likes

Yeah, so many of those guys like to think themselves as great PvPers when in actuality they are just bottom-feeders to be completely truthful. They go after the weakest when they are the most vulnerable.

‘Sir. The butthurtometer is going off the charts!’

When they took cruise missiles off of stealth bombers? jk.

but when they nuked of grid boosters, ruined high level 1v1 pvp.

When they began a campaign of wealth redistribution from the eve middle class to the eve low class.

When they started charging cash in stead of plex for character transfers.

When they allowed everyone to benefit from ghost training except those that knew about ghost training.

When they confiscated 2 tourney ships without due process.

When they strong armed the weak CSM to do their bidding.

When the banned 3rd party betting websites like evebet.

Still should incorporate bitcoin into the eveconomy.

1 Like

Already have scamming in game. :wink:

5 Likes

They took that away before I stopped playing
And op
Mid 2015 with the WL

I’m happy I don’t play this theme park game (I can thank rl for once providing me with excuses hahaha)

my playstyle will be reinforced if they decide to revisit missions and make some new ones.

1 Like

Back when skynet was removed is when it started for me then went pretty much downhill from there, haven’t played in about four years now.

1 Like

This was because CCP was trying to cater to what they think current gamers want. IMO is started with that “make the game easy to learn, hard to master” stuff in 2012. The idea is that if you lower the barriers (and, indirectly, protect new players a least for a bit while they find their footing), people will stay longer, CCP will make more money and the game will be better for it because of all the people playing.

Of course it didn’t work. It ignored some fundamental facts about EVE and about people.

When EVE was in a crappier, more buggy state, when it didn’t have a lot of ‘rewards’, when it was hard to know what to do when you started because the game just gave you a spaceship and said “go ■■■■ yourself”, when ‘griefers’ got insurance payments for ganking people, and when people had to learn how to survive against those folks instead of having popups and safeties do it for them…back then EVE was a game, and people played it and stayed with it for year (angry at CCP the whole damn time, but they stayed).

Now we have a game that is friendlier, less buggy, easier to understand, and one that offers greater guidance to new players and greater protections for players across the board… And fewer people like it and play it.

It’s not hard to understand, EVE was made as a game of freedom and it’s been getting less and less free year by year. Each year it moves away from it’s unique, cuttroat, devil may care spirt and closer and closer to being like just any other game. I still play because some of that hardcore adult spirtit still exists, but it just ain’t what it used to be.

CCP should have developed the game towards it’s (traditionally niche) strengths, not try to turn it into a mainstream game.

6 Likes

Actually it’s because people went from being the good natured fun villains to over the top griefing. Which stopping ruined some of the good natured fun bits of villainy also.

There has to be a line drawn. And as player tools evolve and get better ccp have been having to draw tighter lines to achieve the same end results of players getting blown up.

We didnt have people doing 12+ man multibox fleets in the old (really old) days. As an example of evolutions.

2 Likes

this is the biggest BS in EVE … carebear community sucks

1 Like

So far never but I also have done a lot over the years and of varying things.

1 Like

yep, I mostly just do stuff till I get bored and go do other stuff. As they say adapt or die, doubt CCP could ever kill my play style, if anything that might help me as I learn a new way to do things.

2 Likes

The drone change was the killer for me. I just don’t have fun recalling my drones all the time, just because CCP can’t come up with any good gameplay alternative. Still playing occasionally, but a lot of the game died for me that day.

Thinking about it Abyssal was also a great killer. Literally all my long-term Eve friends quit for good when it hit, but I don’t even know exactly why. They just never came on again one day, even the most hardcore Eve ppl I know just left for good.

2 Likes

I agree with you… up to a point.

What you say is 100% true, but the decline would have happened faster.

The “old generation” players, those who know what “EQ1” means or even “M.U.D.” were those you could involve in the original EvE gameplay.

Today you get baby wet ultra-casuals who scream murder if their frigate is popped.

2 Likes

What killed EvE for me… is that I have sort of “won”.

I have everything, I can buy everything, I can pay an alliance to do a war for me, without me lifting a finger.

I log in into EvE and it’s like that super-dearest game you have completed 7 times, you desperately want to still play it for the 8th time but you just cannot do it any more.

2 Likes

Once upon at time your actions mattered, they had consequences. Now there is just way too much isk in the game; so much that your actions have little consequence at all. I remember when getting a dread or a carrier was a big deal, and folk were careful how they used them. Now folk have capital dreads, haw dreads, suicide dreads, combat carriers, anti-fighter carriers and of course the obligatory mining roq and combat roqs… Hell all most everyone I know has a super or could get a super if they wanted to. If you lose a capital its replaced the next day. It just doesnt make for fun game play anymore.

3 Likes

I too, really hate it when people have things.

1 Like

Not many people get it anymore.

The most fun you can have with a game is playing on the hardest difficulty the first time you play it.

1 Like