When did ccp kill **YOUR** playstyle?

Sell it all. Convert to plex. Jettison out into space. Begin again with a rookie ship.

1 Like

The introduction of mtus killed the price of loot. Before their introduction, ratting in low sec was more profitable. Certain PvP meta modules were worth 3m+ each. I believe the meta damage control was worth 20m. Good pickings if you were brave enough to move to low sec and lacked the skill to destroy clone soldiers.

2 Likes

If you need a lift from that burden, you can always transfer ISK to me buddy…

Aside from that: have you tried doing something that cannot be paid with money? Like infiltrating and destroying an alliance all by yourself without letting the money speak?
My last corp kicked me for some stupid political stuff, a few month later they were driven out of their space by an overwhelming force. Since I neither have even remotely enough money to pay anyone of that size, nor do I know anyone connected to that attack, they obviously had some really bad luck. Those poor guys…

1 Like

CCP didn’t kill playstyles, your playstyle hasn’t evolved with the game. CCP cannot cater EVE to each individual player.

Play the game, adapt and evolve with it.

7 Likes

Tries to sound clever in one sentence. Contradicts himself in the next. :+1:

2 Likes

“Tries to sound clever in one sentence. Contradicts himself in the next.”

Typical has nothing to add or offer so has a attack the person mentality.

Not a contradiction by any means or trying to be clever. Just putting my thought and how I think a game should be played.

You can’t play a game one way and as that game changes and evolves continue to play the same way. Your “playstyle” has to change in some form or fashion.

1 Like

What did you come to this thread to do?
Pot meet kettle.

You tried to look insightful but just said some obvious tripe about adapting and ccp can’t cater to everyone. The latter suggesting ccp should sacrifice the playstyle of some players for the greater good of the game being a direct contradiction to your first post.

Any playstyle that becomes unfun or unsustainable for an individual has been killed. It’s up to the individual to decide whether THEIR playstyle has been killed enough that they don’t want to do it anymore. It is THEIR playstyle.

This is a thread where people are asked at what point did the game lose a significant portion of it’s fun FOR THEM. Not you.

And youre plain naive if you think ccp hasn’t changed game mechanic in a way to cause large shifts in gameplay. There’s an alliance called Tears that wants to talk to you.

Like i said. So deep. Much insight. Very wow.

Do you think i quit in 2012 and just decided to haunt the forums for 6 years?

1 Like

Well, at least you brought a little more to the table this last post.

Would have been nice to have a somewhat constructive debate, exchange thoughts on why we think the way we do but your first response doesn’t open this up to being constructive.

Most of your post is degrading what I think or how I try to convey the thought.

So I will yield the field to you Sir and let you feel you put me in my place.

Fly safe 07

1 Like

… when they added FOB NPC gankers in high-sec that web and scram miners.
I was flying same Mackinaw for years, then one day just got blown up without any chance to escape the sudden encounter.
Cancelled subscription, made alpha got bored soon enough then abandoned, now checking the forum once in a few months just to see the community is as toxic rude antisocial as ever.

1 Like

That was a needed change. Orca’s/Rorqs really shouldn’t just in a POS bubble all day. I was a former rorq pilot and even I thought it was a bit cheesy as I was afking all day with boosts.

1 Like

CCP killed my playstyle when this flamjaw gift I installed erased both my beard and moustache. Deleting the moustache was not necessary, and you can’t install a new one. Flamjaw is OP and needs balancing! I do like the theft prevention magnet it puts on your for forehead, though.

2 Likes

Agree here. Was fun to scan down gravs etc in whs and wait for them to take their mining fleet thinking they were safe. Was way more fun when both sides had to work for the content.

1 Like

there are a ton of things to do in eve, if your only playstyle got ruined, all that means is you had limited yourself too much. get out and try something new.

2 Likes

I have plenty playstyles

If I like doing something particular in a game and that activity gets killed, then I am by no means obligated to find a new thing that entertains me, but a new game that allows me to continue to do what I was loving to do. Imagine they remove PvP from Eve tomorrow: would you just do PvE instead or just quit the game?

These game dev decisions are the reason why many games bleed-out over time: elder gamers can’t do what they loved to do for years, younger generations are not properly introduced to the game and never pick it up in the first place. The only way to keep this from happening is to be careful with your changes and cater to new players every now and then.

And CCP be like: “Tschoo tschoo motherf…ers!”

2 Likes

your right, you don’t have any obligation to go out and find something new to entertain yourself. and people who get ganked in haulers are under no obligation to learn and start tanking them, and people who try to solo mine in low-sec are under no obligation to learn how local and d-scan works. no ones got a gun to your head saying you NEED to go out and find something fun to do. but you know what all of the above examples have in common? they are all personal problems.

the game changes all the time, sometimes that means that ships that you used to love flying aren’t as good anymore. RIP rifters. sometimes it means that entire playstyles change, and new playstyles get created. you either train up into the new ship, or find something new to do. or you don’t.

Everyone gets bored with games eventually, and if the ONLY enjoyment you where getting out of eve was that one thing you did, and you can’t be bothered to go find something else fun to do. then maybe your just bored with the game, and there is nothing wrong with that. but ccp is under zero obligation to keep the game exactly the same just because you happen to enjoy a particular thing about the way it is right at that moment. Stagnation will kill the game far faster than a few people who where probably bored of it anyways deciding its time to move on will.

Adapt, or don’t, your choice.

2 Likes

People aren’t struggling to adapt (we’re still here aren’t we?) but they can point out when the game lost a lot of content and fun for them.

We don’t expect the game to stay exactly the same. But you also cannot say every game design decision ccp has made has been to the benefit of the game overall and to the community.

This is just a fun whine thread. Not FANDI.

The drone change i.E.: drones get randomly attacked by insta-lock NPCs with no sign of warning, and then you have to recall and relaunch them. This isn’t fun, nor challenging, it is just tedious and annoying. CCP promised us that this was just for the time being till they have fully overhauled the old drone code, but then never delivered an update.

Now is it me not being able to find fun in constant recalling and relaunching, or is it CCP failing to deliver a high quality game?

2 Likes

Wormholes, wormholes everywhere.
It ruins some gameplay having to constantly roll wormholes.

The war dec changes are good in my opinion :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can play poker for match sticks or you can play for real money. Playing an eve that is flooded with isk is like playing poker for match sticks. Your choices don’t matter as there are no consequences anymore. Sure people have things but so what? The fun is gone.

1 Like