Where Are DED 1/10 and 2/10 Sites?

I occasionally partake in a little exploration to change up my routine from time to time and over the years I have noticed a distinct lack of DED 1 and 2 sites. DED 3/10 and 4/10 sites are plentiful but in the last 10 years or so, I have literally only ever found 2 2/10s and have not seen a 1/10 since CCP removed the static sites.

Do 1/10 sites even exist anymore? Checking my collection of C-Type mods I farmed when they were static, I’ve noticed that many frig C-Types are more expensive than their A-Type variants despite being completely worse in nearly every way.

A bonus question, what do you fellow explorers do with your loot? Do you just sell it or do you use it? I am a hoarder and collector, my profits from exploration are minimal because I put all my loot in a can and look at it now and again. I’ve never sold any of it, nor do I use it. If I need some bling for a fit, I buy a new mod, even if I already have one I found from exploration.

2 Likes

I’ve found 1/10s before. They still exist, but are uncommon.
As for loot, I sell most of it. Besides the modules (faction or deadspace) that are <1 mil. Those I’ve been holding on to.

2 Likes

DED 1/10 and 2/10 sites still exist, I’m thinking they don’t spawn as much since most players usually just bypass them.

I’ve done a lot of exploration over the years, I usually reprocess the regular modules for minerals and keep all Faction / Deadspace modules for fitting ships when needed.

1 Like

I run DED 1s and 2s occasionally in low sec. High sec sites might be hidden in pocket systems.

2 Likes

Ded 1 and 2 sites only spawn in 0.9 and 1.0 systems. They used to be static until late 2012, when CCP decided to make them scannable.

1 Like

it depends…
eve is a sandbox, so it depends on your goals
if my goal is to eventually get a super or a titan, I sell the loot to get isks
if my goal is to accomplish the challenge of having the complete collection of faction or deadspace afterburners, i keep them
it totally depends on you
Same goes for the skins: you can decide to sell them for isks, or you can decide that you want all your corpmates to have the same skin on the same shiptype and collect skins for them, etc
remember the guy who decided to visit every system(normal space + wh systems) one after another

1 Like

Nope …

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.