Where do I write a complaint?

ITT: Someone not understanding that CCP wants to make money off of idiots.

1 Like

It is a raffle not a good deal. Since when has the sum of tickets in any raffle ever been comparable to just buying the prize at the store? Take it for what it is and either have fun using it or buy off the market if you want the guaranteed price/obtain. There is no reason to whine about it.

If you read what I posted you would understand that they would make more money of they sorted this out, as more people would use the HyperNet and the HyperCore cost and 5% tax would remain unchanged, meaning more turnover and more ISK of the top.

I think your assumption is based on the idea that EVE players are still above average intellect. In the last years CCP has done a lot to make sure that’s not the case anymore. They wouldn’t have implemented this feature if there wasn’t a significant bunch of idiots who are gambling addicts.

Fun Fact: Intelligent people spend less money. Dumb people spend more money. When a company wants to make more money, they try reaching out for people who are a bit more on the dumb side. See also CCP’s last years catering to farmers and carebears.

Even ignoring that, your assumption makes no sense. You believing you know better, at least in this case, also doesn’t make sense. You’re not considering that they most definitely look at ways of improving their income through HyperNet and if they saw that there’s an opportunity, they’d be implementing it.

The argument, that they might be overlooking it, is invalid. It would assume that you, who has zero data who doesn’t even clearly articulate reasons or arguments, knows better than those not only with data, but also with a huge incentive of improving the feature to squeeze money out of morons.

No one buys stuff he has no use for, or doesn’t want to own for some specific reason. People generally don’t buy just for hoarding, that’s a mental illness and rare in relation to whole populations. What you’re seeing, when you’re looking at “who buys this ■■■■”, you’re seeing partly people who need it and partly people who will sell it on the market for a profit.

I’ve made around 200 million ISK buying and selling stuff like this. Btw, I know a few people who are making big bucks from all the idiots spending money on this form of gambling. More power to them, but I’d still rather not have gambling in this game at all. Too bad people are so horribly degenerated nowadays.

That’s some flawed logic. You can care, of course, but it has nothing to do with you paying for a service. When you’re paying for a service you don’t like you can, of course, complain … but most people actually just quit paying for the service. The thing is that no company, not a single one, cares about a non-critical mass of people complaining, especially when that non-critical mass of people keeps paying for the service anyway.

So, as long as you’re making threads while still using the game …
… CCP doesn’t need to give a rats ass about what you’re thinking.

That’s reality, wether you like it or not. I’m also pretty sure CCP knows better than you.

vOv

1 Like

You write it on a piece of paper …
… and nail it onto their door.

Because of the unusuality of your complaint-delivery …
… you could call it “Protestantism”.

1 Like

You say I don’t know better a few times, I don’t know what better?

A bit rich considering you say I don’t clearly articulate my argument then say “you are wrong because CCP knows best”.

You then go on to tell me peoples purchasing preferences when you have already moaned at me for “having zero data”. I think what you are sharing is an opinion.

You are completely missing my point in terms of them actually making more by making the colour coding accurate. Similar to how a company will reduce a price to create more turnover and in turn more profit. As an example, if a green price was an accurate reflection that its a fair deal/cost people like me with plenty of ISK to burn would probably spend a good 5b a month messing around with it just for entertainment. Thats 250m in Hypernet tax, as opposed to nothing which is what i will be spending on it in the current state.

Also, all of these “Don’t cry collects tears” attitude type of posts are a waste of time. I have been playing this game since that was actually trendy, and we are way beyond that now. The reason I asked where I could post my thoughts to CCP and not to players was because I am not emotionally attached to the issue and thought some productive feedback might actually be useful in making the game better, as opposed to getting into a pissing contest with someone who has nothing better to do.

1 Like

That’s a good post.

Ignoring everything else,
there’s a subforum for player features and ideas.

That’s pretty much where you’d have to go. It can’t be a complaint there, though. It needs to be a constructive idea written down in a way that points out the current “issue”, offers a suggestion and also properly explains the benefits of the change you suggest.

There.
This is literally the best answer you can get,
because there is no actual way of filing a complaint like you imagine it.
Except when you quit, of course, as someone pointed out.

And now here we are.
I’ve literally ended your thread.

Was that really necessary?

1 Like

Cool, Thanks

1 Like

You’re welcome!
Please request having your thread closed, (luke! use the flag!)
as the answer you’ve been seeking has been provided.

I am Sol, Killer of Threads!

Or … hm … can I have it instead?

As the forums are an aspect of Eve where I would gladly describe myself as a noob, and you have taught me at least one thing about it, I think you deserve it.

Go for it!

2 Likes

Thank you! :smiley:
You might want to turn off notifications, though!
It’s down there at the bottom!

@Black_Pedro
Look, at this loot! A whole thread!
I’ve mined a thread!

Wow! :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.