Where's the carrot?

Scarcity IS the carrot.

Those with skill will prosper, and the plebs will suffer for their incompetence.

1 Like

If it’s expensive it’s not a carrot. We just got these new fangled edencom ships that you’ll have to earn.

Still, these nerfs are making many people not very happy, and a game should make people happy at least some of the time, even darksouls needs that.

The day eve online releases a new OP meta level is the day it dies.

I don’t think so. You can’t make people just not want ships anymore…

When has eve had regular content? We got PVP when we found it.

That’s why CCP should huge null blocs, not minerals. Introduce diseconomies of scale for once.

Do you want to have nothing? I’m a cheapskate who doesn’t want to spend money on eve so I really just want to make sure I have enough isk to plex every time, so I really just want to have stuff. There are some people maybe you that spend RL money to PVP all the time but I’m a cheapskate and there are more like me.

Search hacknet. That’s the eve-like game which fell victim to elitism.

You people do not deserve free rewards.

You do not deserve space welfare.

You do not deserve a participation trophy.

You are not entitled to these things.

1 Like

Why?

There is no space welfare.

The 1 kill mark on my Hecate.

But I really want them! Also it doesn’t cost CCP anything to give us more nice stuff, and they’re not giving us enough.

You are lazy.

How did you come to this conclusion?

If you send me 1 billion isk, I will explain things to you.

Some may say scamming is a sign of laziness. Maybe you should gank several more freighters, I’m sure 1 billion comes easily for the princess of highsec.

Why do you scam me then? *try to

It does.

CCP screws everyone with it.

If you ask for more, it puts you in front of the queue.

nibble

1 Like

Wrong again.

Not going to run out of T1 ships any time soon.

Besides, you know the “austerity” (not raking in billions easily) isnt going to last.

Just wait it out and youll get your gold bath taps again.

Sounds like effort.

Plenty of fun to be had in Alpha.

I’ve no idea what your point is, but this is an entirely legitimate thread asking a perfectly reasonable question.

Edencom is a good start and they can be extremely powerful in Abyssals.

To be clear, my suggestion is new carrots linked to expansions, which was the model Eve followed for 15 years. To quote myself from above:

I think you misunderstand my point. Think about when CCP revamped exploration and relic and data sites became what they are today; some of the most enjoyable content with great rewards (intact metal plates anyone). Similarly the creation of wormhole space, abyssals, incursions, faction warfare and so on.

That’s the type of carrot I’m after, genuine new content with new rewards. Not this famine expansion.

I think you missed the point. Tackling demand over supply is to introduce new isk sinks. Think of some of the big sinks, market tax, skill book purchase, repairs. There are other sinks that could be introduced, for instance a return of some of the PI components of old that could only be purchased with isk and couldn’t be crafted. That was a massive sink that help balance the economy.

You must be new. Eve Online has had 27 expansions:

Not sure what you’re getting at here, did you miss out a word? Should do what to huge null blocs? Is your problem with the power of those of us that enjoy null gameplay?

You missed my point. I’m not asking for anything free, where’s the reward in that. Stop misrepresenting a position to make it easier to refute. Here’s my reply to someone else who made the same mistake:

You still need to earn the carrot much like previously introduced rewards linked to successfully completing incursions, relic sites, wormhole sites and so on.

When was the last time Eve had a massive release equivalent to Apocrypha (expansion which introduced wormhole space) or Into the Abyss. That’s what the game needs, new content and new rewards for people to spend months/years chasing/earning.

1 Like

No. I don’t.

While I also wouldn’t do anything without a hopefully positive outcome …
… unlike you I definitely do not require a carrot.

I can play a game for the sake of playing it …
… and you play a game because you’re addicted to the “carrot”.

Here’s hoping.

And to be clear, those gold bath taps needn’t be liquid isk, some of the most rewarding content is running relic sites or abyssals neither of which reward liquid isk.

Im just curious to see how theyll try and make the two distinct types of player happy after this.

Or will they just keep flip flopping between the haves and dont-needs.

1 Like

Yes same, it’s a problem they need to square to keep the pop healthy imo