Which T3C for PvE?

If you’re losing T3Cs in PVE, you shouldn’t be flying one.

2 Likes

legion is garbage for pve
the laser module has no drones and the missile module has no range
its just a neut boat

3 Likes

I use a Loki for PvE exploration combat sites and Epic Arc’s. I posted a reply about it here:

While I wouldn’t take a pulse Legion for my purposes, I actually really like my beam Legion. It has more than enough range and I honestly don’t see why you’d need drones.

1 Like

good luck when you get scrammed by an elite frig

Hasn’t happened yet. I’ve been flying beam Legions for almost five years (since the heavy missile nerf). It obviously helps to know your sites and shoot those first while maintaining range…

But then I’m explicitly talking about exploration sites. I wouldn’t take one into L4s; that just isn’t what T3s are good at.

3 Likes

thats fair
it wouldnt be good in level 4s though

You could go Double WEB, you can track just about anything if you have 2 webs. (can track WH frigs with Beams and rails at least)

Bot the Legion and the Proteus have enough slots for it as long as you don’t go Covert/Nulli. Could have a Tracking Computer in the cargo and just refit depending on the site you are running.

1 Like

Is PVP forbidden in EVE?

potentially you could but you would have to kite it at exactly 10 km assuming t2 web running cold
under 10 km you will lose too much dps with beams and probably get about 20dps at 5km going up to about 180dps at 10km with dual webs

Not really, In WHs you can happily pop a frig with a couple of shots once the webs have kicked in even at 5-7K (orbit of most frigs) . WH frigs make K space frigs look like bitches so K space frigs would go down easy.

Also if you have them double webbed just move directly toward/away from them, It will reduce transferal a lot.

I used a beam Legion in NS yesterday to clear drones sites, with Multi as long as I was ~15k away I could 2-3 shot Elite drone frigs. That was with No TCs or Webs, just burn away at about the same speed.

2 Likes

cool good to know

1 Like

What?

PVP is for Player Versus Player. PVP serves as a main source of ships and modules destruction in EVE, and in this way stimulates EVE`s economy.
You are welcome Bro.

So which t3c would you all use to do high sec level 4 missions?

1 Like

tengu
i havent really looked at loki much yet though

2 Likes

Since I mainly fly Minmatar ships, I’d use my Loki.

1 Like

I didn’t mention PVP, you silly goose.

1 Like

Machariel.

Eh, Tengu for Serpentis/Guristas/Angels, Loki for Angels/BR/Sansha. They both have rock-solid missile configs these days. Large cap batteries really make lots of fits; go Thukker where you can.

Seriously though, a well-fit Machariel is going to eat them alive on completion time regardless.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure he means that even though you are PVEing people can come and PVP you. One does not preclude the other.

Yeah I use a Mach in LS. They are pretty fast for site completion times and you can even Cloak MWD fit them if things are looking a bit hostile.

PS, I prefer the Republic Battery assuming it fits (More cap for cheaper and still pretty low fitting)

1 Like