Why can CCP not design an enjoyable PVE experience?

What should be and could be an enjoyable experience for a lot of people especially new players, has been completely ruined by the implementation.

To sum it all up:

grafik

grafik

grafik

grafik

Why are people talking about this stuff and not about how awesome the gameplay in these new sites is?

There are bugs like the “repair gate” bug, that haven’t been fixed for a month now by the way.

6 Likes

because want to be victims … and they only can be if they say “the content i´m doing is terrible and only i´m affected”

1 Like

Because dev requires a lot of passes on the same thing, which looks like a waste of time from someone who is only interested in the appearance.
They want a living castle but only one pass. They get the stones arranges as a castle.

1 Like

Very Fair point.

Also very fair point.

I am an optimist eventually devs will give it another pass and things will get fixed.

The thing is, it does not need ONE pass.

It’s like you want to paint your walls. First you remove what was there, then you prepare the wall to be painted, you place a first layer (that stops water if you are outside), then several layers after the previous ones are dry.
And once the sun, or whatever, started crisping your pain, you can start again, or partially apply another layer after washing.

OR you can keep the previous layer and just paint a layer on top of it. “it’s cheaper with only one layer and faster too !” But the result is bad.

It’s not the devs who choose what they work on. it’s the team who has long-term target and may or may not allow a dev to work on spare hours on an already-done subject.
For the team, the notion of maintenance does not exist. It does not add value. It does not exist.

2 Likes

I know him, he is an elite player and he has my full support (and isk).

He found the way to enjoy his PVE, the EVE way.

notsurprisedkirk

I am shocked … SHOCKED that #CCPQualityCoding strikes again. Who could have possibly seen that coming? Who would have guessed that revealing all PVE activities in the Agency so that you can trawl the data and use it to your advantage in the EVE way would result in suboptimal experiences for other players? Absolutely shocking.

1 Like

Homefront Sites are the absolute best introduction to Eve a rookie can have.

They can quickly learn that a lot of players optimize for ISK/hr, such players don’t care about any imaginary „civilized conduct“, the rookies learn concepts like multiboxing, see players utilize „features“ for their advantage, and realize they get outperformed as an individual unless they group up and socialize.

Rather than hiding the ugly truth, it’s laid bare so that they can quickly know what kind of game they are getting into.

4 Likes

removed several posts for the following:

Be Agreeable, Even When You Disagree

You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But, remember to criticize ideas, not people. Please avoid:

• Name-calling.
  • Ad hominem attacks.
  • Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content.
  • Knee-jerk contradiction.

1. Specifically restricted conduct.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to courteous when disagreeing with others.

In order to maintain an environment where everyone is welcome and discussion flows freely, certain types of conduct are prohibited on the EVE Online forums. These are:

• Trolling
  • Flaming
  • Ranting
  • Personal Attacks
  • Harassment
  • Doxxing
  • Racism & Discrimination
  • Hate Speech
  • Sexism
  • Spamming
  • Bumping
  • Off-Topic Posting
  • Pyramid Quoting
  • Rumor Mongering
  • New Player Bashing
  • Impersonation
  • Advertising

3. Post constructively.

Negative feedback can be very useful to further improve EVE Online if it is presented in a civil and factual manner. All users are encouraged to honestly express their feelings regarding EVE Online and how it can be improved. Posts that are non-constructive, insulting or in breach of the rules will be deleted regardless of how valid the ideas behind them may be. Users are also reminded that posting with a lack of content also constitutes non-constructive posting.