Why do we have Armor and Hull?

Crew attrition as a factor that affects ship performance could be pretty cool.

2 Likes

Would only apply to hull damage though, at which point most people don’t last long beyond that anyway, and it would reduce the ‘surprise, bulkhead gallente fit’ options.

1 Like

OMG, dude, chill. “You’re joking, right?” is a statement of incredulity / surprise, not a declaration that the fitting is a joke. I’m not insulting your precious buffer tank doctrines. Thank God I didn’t use “you’re shitting me”, else you’d have been up in arms about my smear campaign.

Buffer tank is not really a newbie fit. You have to know WHY you’re choosing it, how to fly with it, and how to use the fleet broadcast system for it. Yes this is General Discussion and my guide doesn’t belong here, as pointed out by Ralph, but despite being a wall of text, it’s very much newbie-level and doesn’t even go into much detail about HOW to fit said modules properly to achieve the tanks that are talked about.

1 Like

Minnie ships with rusty skins should go faster and have less sig…

sulks

3 Likes

jesus kid armor and hull are not the same, is like a cow paladin and elf warrior of wow.

1 Like

HAHAAHAHAHAH HERE IS YOUR <3

I enjoyed the “You’re joking” part and I see no reason to get all aggro about it, but I would like to interfere what you wrote above. Buffer tank on T1 ships can actually be more new player friendly, than active tank. For PVP that is. As far as I remember I didn’t use an active tank for a while, which had several reasons.

First, Skillpoints. To fly a semi-decent buffer is less SP intensive than active tank, apart from Ancillary shield tanks, although the latter often put more pressure on fitting.

Second, Experience. In my first fights I simply wasn’t able to do everything at once, locking targets, keep eyes on local, listen to my fleetmates, watch my velocity, fire, reload, scram, web, overheat, fly here, fly there, find the right target to shoot and so on. Had I tried to active tank, that would have added to it.

I can’t say it for every T1 ship, but there are plenty of good choices for buffer tank at least in small gang PVP that give a new player one less thing to worry about and a few precious seconds to realize what’s going on, shoot a target, before the own ship finally pops. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So does GW…
:cry:

–Adeptus Gadget

1 Like

I used to be a hull tanker, until I wasn’t any more. It was a pretty abrupt transition.

4 Likes

It’s not for everyone. :wink:

U just need to stop shaving your balls.

Yes. And once it gets really bad then…

GET OUT CAPTAIN! YOU FIRED! REVOLT!!!
PUT UP JOLLY ROGER!

:skull_and_crossbones:

I 'member Master of Orion games.
Star Trek: Armada also had crew depletion weapons.

Use weapons to kill the crew, to reduce its efficiency, or send over marines to invade, rather than blowing up the ship.

Or kill them all with the ship left intact for capture.

Could work very well in EVE, albeit would involve a major expansion and re-balance.
Maybe something like a Jovian ship line, intent on wiping out the “inferior” humans/capsuleers.

Hull tanking

Theres your armor

One shot each from 130 lasguns has killed plenty… Emperor’s finest indeed…pshaw

The reason there is hull and armor and shields is that when your armor is about to fail, you get a few seconds to pray/curse vehemently about your situation, and then eject and pray/curse vehemently that you don’t get podded and lose all your implants.

CCP intended this to be an agonizing, tortuous situation to reinforce the lesson of not being so stupid as to fall into this situation in the first place.

Cause you can’t yell, “The hull’s been breached!” without a hull.

1 Like

except its still just an hp bar, taking damage wont knock guns offline, cripple propulsion if your engine areas are hit in armor/hull or many other effects which has kinda been a turn off from me since 05 with combat.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.