Why Does CCP Hate Money?

Exactly, what would be the point of posting raw material prices for a printing method that can’t even handle stuff like this? Like it or not quality 3d printing is expensive and has a lot of costs beyond the price of a spool of plastic.

1 Like

Why Does CCP Hate Money?

Because everything in Iceland is free.

2 Likes

Proof?

Crime?

None.

Come to low and prove you don’t. By the way what’s that motivation to say Null is alright despite the Nerfs when you KNOW it’s moving Cap production materials out of alliances and out of Null? :wink:

What the hell are you even talking about, kid. Give me proof that you “know” or sit down and throw your hissy fit in another thread. Stop trying to derail threads since your Margin Trading threads keep getting locked.

1 Like

Uh, no. There’s actually no market for these. Everyone likes to talk about it but very few people will actually put up the cash to make it worth CCP partnering up with anyone to produce these.

Edit: If you want to prove me wrong, by all means, go for it: Integral Reality Labs

1 Like

A lot of people actually care. Especially the people who would like to know whether it’d be worth expending the time and effort into getting these set up. Especially for low volume custom 3D prints.

…yeah, because EVE Online commands the same population of audience right? Great logic there, kid.

I don’t even know what this is about, lmao.

You barely discovered what PI was a little over a month ago. Sit down and stop talking about things you don’t know about, kid.

80’s, airplanes. WW2 primarily. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do people without social skills just filter into Eve online somehow?

1 Like

You tell me.

I’ve seen EVE online shops come and go over the last 9 years.

And while there were few complaints about the merchandise, sooner or later the complaints about transport and customs handling appeared.

I remember vividly one Canadian, who reported about the adventure of getting a T-shirt sent from Hamburg, Germany to somewhere in Canada. Transport and customs fees were about double of the price in the shop.

Especially customs are a nightmare. And currently getting worse almost every other day. And that’s not even accounting for Brexit, which is coming next year.

2 Likes

That’s a good point about customs and such. Maybe sometime down the road, Pearl Abyss, can help out with a idea like this. I heard they were good at logistics.

3 Likes

CCP does not hate money, CCP hates expenditure. That is why you get no new content that does not immediately cover cost on day one.

Models would require a designer, cost analysis, marketing and ect. Icelanders are not placed competitively to provide this at attractive pricing.

So, such an idea should be outsourced which is what ccp did but then you have quality control issues which is what CCP got with it’s last model.

3 Likes

I have a 3d printer.

Yes, if you have one yourself, and you’re getting an unpainted model, they’re not particularly expensive. Just for the materials.

But just for the materials isn’t how any sane company which is trying to make any kind of profit (or just, not trying to make a loss) goes about things.

They have a whole other bunch of expenses (staff and somewhere to actually work being the main ones). And your print will take up a printer for an extended period of time. So no, it’s not just the cost of the filament. But that’s where I was expecting you to go, because you don’t have a clue about the business side of things. You just saw “I could print it myself for X!” and ignored the commercial realities.

As for no stock of premade models: That actually reduced the price, when you’re not dealing with injection moulding. (which is expensive af to get started) No storage space required. No potential of unsold stock.

2 Likes

Here’s a phrase: Time is money.
The materials might not be particularly expensive. But a print will tie up a printer for an extended period of time. So there’s limits on what they can print at a time.

(They’re not printed on a FDM printer btw. It’s a resin based one, somewhat like a ink jet, injecting the colour as it prints. An intern from the model company stuck his head in on reddit)

1 Like

Independent of whom you’re talking to:

Yes. Why would you even need to ask?

1 Like

Obviously, considering you are here.

1 Like