Why does CCP still charge 15 bux for 30 days?

There is a website that tracks the progress of SC development. So far, they’ve completed about 6% of what they’ve claimed they’re going to do.

At this rate, the game will be released in 2039.

Besides, the post didn’t make the point “EVE is cheaper”. It made the point that it’s better bang for your buck. Even if SC is cheaper, I’d rather spend $45,000 on a brand new Toyota Hilux than $13,000 on a Chinese ripoff. You get what you pay for, and at the approximate equivalent of 50c a day, EVE is cheap.

1 Like

You play an alpha demo, not a complete game.

And its wrong that i enjoy it as much as EvE?
as Remiel said, 6% is already a lot knowing what they promised.
Don’t forget that EvE is still adding and changing things after 15years. SC will do the same. And open up mods to the community. Call it Scam Citizen, same as saying that world hunger & wars are unstoppable. Some people just accept to believe in great things

TLDR; yes i think 15$/month is expensive. but i like playing EvE. And i guess that 15$ is nothing to us, western people…

Absolutely not, i get infos on the game too, i’d really love to see it released. But for now it’s unfinished work, and i don’t give too much credit to unfinished work.

After 7 years of development, 6% is not a lot. I never said it was a lot, either, so don’t put words in my mouth. It took Frontier two years to deliver the game they promised to release, 100% of it. CIG apparently don’t know what expansions are.

1 Like

And they will never stop as long as some people can make profit from.

i used 6%. Not a lot, bad typing from me. English isn’t my native language, i’m sorry.
Sorry for offtopic btw, but i hate how EvE’s community is toxic about SC. I just can’t wait that the game becomes amazing and everyone gets their mouths shut…

We’re not toxic about SC, we’re just calling it what it is. Fanboy apologists would defend the game no matter what they do, but at the end of the day, you’re sinking money into something that doesn’t even exist yet.

I actually crowdfunded as well, back in 2012 when it was announced. It was slated for a 2014 release. By 2015, a year late, I got my money back, because I won’t be swindled.

No one’s making comments on how good the game might be if it’s released, no one. We’re just sceptical about whether it even will be released, and every year that passes without a release date, that scepticism grows, and with it, the idea that the game is a scam.

Maybe, when the game’s released in 2039, it’ll be the greatest space game of all time. Who knows? You don’t, no matter how much you fanboy over it.

3 Likes

Play as Alpha that takes zero dollars per month and you get a free venture plus other nice little goodies, save up over a few month and then plex = zero dollars. Oh you do have to put the work in though, unlike SC where you just sit around waiting/dreaming for the day you can reliably do something other than scratching your arse. So Eve Online = zero dollars in reality, SC one day/year/decade your $45 may bring home the bacon. You could be a Titan pilot by then, loads going cheap in Delve.

2 Likes

Who plays as alpha? Beginners / students ? casuals ? They are not hanging there on the forums

Vets for alpha fleets and bait

Yeah nah

We’re not even close to be as toxic as the SC cultists lol

2 Likes

Never met any… But i guess it should be the same with EvE cultists, right?

But coming back on the topic, 15$/month is really expensive. Its a really old business model (same as WoW for example).

Looking back at EvE; 15$/month to allowed it to develop, to get new things. now we have skins, and some balance changes… i know you can plex it. But your goal shouldn’t be about grinding your account but enjoying the game, right ?
And even then, i haven’t seen much shiny things for a while now. Citadels maybe…

And it works. Just because it’s old, doesn’t mean it’s obsolete.

Would love an explanation on what part of my post triggered yourself. I’m seriously interested, really I am.

But its clearly decaying. Less players, more alts, more botters.

Nothing you just said explained why ‘more alts, more botters’ means the subscription model is decaying. More botters showed up after alpha was introduced, and more alts isn’t a problem. More alts = more subscriptions.

It is a problem. Its good for CCP, not good for the playerbase!

In what way? Explain the mechanics here. You’re just making claims without substantiating them. From my perspective, it’s allowing people to play for free that’s done the most damage to the game where botting is concerned, and again, more alts = more subscriptions.

Subscriptions used to act as a filter, keeping entitlement in the game to a minimum, and making accounts worth a lot more to the player, meaning you’re taking a big risk by botting on a paid account, because once it gets permabanned, goodbye money. Subscription = investment. People pay because they care. That’s very good for the playerbase, because it facilitates the formation of a community with a very common interest.

People who don’t pay, on the other hand, don’t really care. No care = no community.

its pretty obvious.
Less players means less interactions between players. Less personalities, and profiiles to talk with.

Good for CCP because their income is the same. With less issues, because less real people, and more experienced people multiboxing or anything.

I can agree to pay 15$/month if i knew they were developping a new EvE. This one gets old, playerbase becomes too old as well: people don’t want things to change. Scared of change.
Starting on a fresh new world and new basis, new models and more practical and fun gameplay (byebye TiDi / botters / afk miners) would drive me pay 30$/month without problem.
(while, once again, i only paid a total of 45$ in 2013 for Star Citizen)