Why doesnt this work

Thats the question that comes up over and over.If im trying tier 2 manufacturing either my skills arent high enough or the materials aren’t right either way i cant manufacture tier 2 items.Who knows because whatever it is its secret.Ok ill try pvp with the corp.apparently when the corp fleet leader signals were supposed to make a jump everyones screen flashes a highlighted yellow icon.Not on my screen it doesnt so i get left behind.OK pvp is out and manufacturing is out.Fine ill just try the green combat sites.i target several pirate ships and hit advance.My ship moves a little then slows to a stop and wont move.i end up having to warp away before being destroyed because my ship wont obey my commands.Once again im left with why doesnt this work.Im down to being able to do very little because the game simply wont function.I suppose im supposed to find some secret cash of info hidden somewhere.i have been looking but without success.im not spending anymore money on omega accounts or second character training for a game that wont function

I didn’t know paragraphs were a T2 item, but seems they might be.

That’s a little bit of a non-descript outline. Is there a specific wall you are hitting? If so, someone might be able to help.

5 Likes

@andrew_Maulenrant

That’s the question that comes up over and over.

Note: I cleaned up your text just make it more readable and to answer this best I can.

If I am trying tier 2 manufacturing, either my skills aren’t high enough or the materials aren’t right. Either way, I can’t manufacture tier 2 items.Who knows because whatever it is it’s secret.

Manufacturing seems a tad buggy on my end as well. When I hit the manufacture icon, or I use a blueprint, there is a lag for less than a minute, while it searches the database. Having the proper skills and materials is just part of the game.

Ok I’ll try pvp with the corp. Apparently when the corp fleet leader signals were supposed to make a jump, everyone’s screen flashes a highlighted yellow icon. Not on my screen it doesn’t, so i get left behind. OK pvp is out and manufacturing is out.

I went mining once or twice in fleet, I never saw a yellow icon flash, but the fleet leader was on a headset in Discord group and that makes it better for everyone. The fleet leader is the one responsible to make sure everyone is ready and they can force you to jump with the fleet. I am not sure what the issue was in your experience, but proper fleet management is a must for any fleet leader.

Fine I’ll just try the green combat sites. I target several pirate ships and hit advance. My ship moves a little then slows to a stop and wont move. I end up having to warp away before being destroyed because my ship wont obey my commands. Once again I’m left with why doesn’t this work.

I never ran into any problems issuing commands to my ship. Maybe your ship build is under-powered for the chosen site? I recommend watching tutorials on combat builds. I have no issues splattering NPC rats in 0.3 low security systems and I am an alpha. If an omega player targets you in PvP, you are dead. They can lock your ship down and prevent you from warping away. On the other hand, I assume you know the ships do most of the combat and piloting. When you engage another ship, it is more a question of which has the better build.

I’m down to being able to do very little, because the game simply wont function. I suppose I’m supposed to find some secret cash of info hidden somewhere. I have been looking but without success. I’m not spending anymore money on omega accounts or second character training for a game that wont function.

So far, my issue with Eve Online is sort of the direct opposite. I came here and found nothing worth spending my cash. I can mine, manufacture, PvP, etc. and I have been an alpha player since starting this last summer. If I continue to play this game for more than a year, I will donate some cash and buy Plex as a thank you to CCP. They really need a better store and I sure don’t need to go omega.

You probably just need time to process how the game works. If you think the lack of response, is the fault of the client, then you should contact support with your PC specs, OS, and software used.

1 Like

Alphas can do that too.

For the OP:

I don’t understand your problem with industry. Obviously lacking the skills will make it not work, but I don’t know what you mean by “the materials aren’t right.” Likewise I haven’t had my ship stop working properly unless it’s a 4000 man battle at max tidi, and in that case everyone is having a problem. As for the “yellow icon” I have never seen one of those. I can tell you that setting a destination will make the next gate on the route yellow, but that’s where you jump, not when. Was the FC expecting you to watch broadcasts? He really should use some form of voice communication.

@andrew_Maulenrant please post some screenshots of issues like these so we can help you debug.

2 Likes

Have you completed the new player experience?, im guessing not.

It sounds like you are trying to cliff dive before you have learned to paddle. Its a complex game and not one where you can jump in and be instantly competitive in any given field.

However, there IS good news, you can be instantly competitive in the field of getting your ship to travel without it stopping all the time !! -

Just double click at any point in space and the ship will travel indefinetly in that direction. You must have pressed the “approach” button and then killed the target you were approaching, as there is not a button for “advancing”

3 Likes

Possibly the ship you were approaching died, when that happens you are not approaching anything anymore, and will stop. Solutions are:

• pay attention, recognise when this happens and approach some other ship
  • orbit (at close range), if your orbit target dies you continue in a straight line (yeah, I know, consistency?)
  • manual pilotting (double click or q-drag in space)

I’ve no idea what yellow icon you are talking about. I’ve never seen one. I get a message saying 'Following xyz in warp '…2/3 of the way up the screen. If I’ve aligned in time I travel immediately with the fleet…but even if I haven’t aligned in time I still eventually follow them.

i recommend that you lear no play
the thing is , probably some of your corp mates play EVE for years or even a decade +
to them some of your problems are difficult to diagnose because they forgot they are even a thing
there are several recourses to learn , youtube , tutorials , trial and error
take your time

Best question evar asked in human history!

Answer is: we don’t know … at least not yet. It was supposed to work, it was designed to work, planned and manufactured, quality tested, but in the end IT DID NOT WORK.

Tragic.

I don’t think he is coming back anytime soon. However if you do return @andrew_Maulenrant we will do our best to answer your questions about the game. Assuming you can elaborate on the issues.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.