Why don't they selling crew?

Just for people who die stupidity like dual active tanking a super

Its not an army of drones in the ship that move parts around when structure damage is taking place or when a pallet of ammo needs to be moved next to the guns for the next reload. The bigger the ship the bigger the crew.

And if you study the lore a bit isk is the currency of capsuleers, corporations and governments while stations and planets have their own local currency.

One of Tony Gonzallezes EVE novels touched on this when one of the crew is having an internal monologue about how if they could find just one T2 or faction (I think, been years since little brother left the book in the rain and longer still from when I read it) part they could get some “real isk” and be well set. Meaning, that the human, nonclone, crew on these ships are paid a few isk that will set them up for life should they return to station safely.

This was of course set in a frig that has been moved from the game and had a human only crew, one small turret hard point, and was barely held together by a crew of…five or six meat bags containing souls. Minmatar level of tape and prayers.

2 Likes

That is the way I used to play in beginning. Imagining there were people inside working on targeting those guns or connecting cables cut with shrapnell. But CCP gave use frigate ship artworks that is pretty much devoid of crew, and only few ships look like they have some inside. I imagine the rest of population in EVE flies ships that are different, civilian versions, rarely those versions with capsule inside.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.