Why Eve is not a PvP game

An original, provocative, well laid out thought that, whether right or wrong will no doubt be viciously attacked by the forum trolls for being an original, provocative, well laid out thought. I LIKE IT!

I mean that speaks for itself really lol

Inciderntly, how could it be provocative if it doesn’t provoke a reaction?

I’m not sure if I ‘get’ you. There’s 334 responses here as of this response I’m writing, so obviously it provoked a reaction?

Yes, I agree.

It was intended to provoke a reaction and it got one.

I mean, pretty much every post is.

But Im guessing you dont feel that the ones who agree with the premise are trolls, only the ones provoked into disagreeing?

So if everyone who disagrees is by default a troll, it hasnt really provoked any disgreement?

Or are trolls opinions actually to be counted?

Edit: Im just messin around while the coffee kicks in. All good bro :slight_smile:

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well, at least you’re honest about being a useless troll.

2 Likes

ant that means that eve is a pvp game

Then, by your admission, the trader who never undocks from Jita isn’t doing PVP, because they haven’t undocked and therefore did not consent to PVP.

One does not exclude the other.

but isn’t that what you are doing? wahhhhh muh pve ships get ganked, no more pvp
Jesus man do you not have anything better to do than keep smashing your head against this wall?

we aren’t telling anyone how to play the game. we aren’t forcing ideas down anyone’s throat. we see things as it is, as it was, and clearly what the game will be in the future. its a do whatever you want game, as long as you realize

You play your way. go sit in Vaere with your corp members who are ganking noobs in Ventures. hmmmm kettle? meet pot.

yep, even pve in its simplest form can be pvp. go into a sansha hideaway and then someone else drops in and tries to kill the things faster. Its pvp by competing for the loot/payout/expeditons

I fly a triple sebo phantasm with such a fast lock time that im pretty hard to beat, even on alpha. Only select missile ships have been able to outdo me (though that was back when i was single sebo, before i tweaked my fit). But i dont go locking for a contest. But i’ll give a challenger 1 heck of a test if they try to claim my sites! pvp without the blowing up players part

2 Likes

I mean, its fairly obvious its an EvE game.

Why this thread exists I have no idea.

Obvious some people have trouble with basic definitions so…

1 Like

Stop lying. I have explicitly and frequently said that I am opposed to arena-style PvP and reject any proposal for it to exist.

Merin likes to ask why someone would pay just to PvE, yet seems to think people will pay to be the fodder of some neckbeardy incel ganker.

No I don’t. I think people will pay, get ganked once or twice, and take it as a challenge to overcome. And then they won’t get ganked anymore because avoiding ganks is not that hard. EVE wants the person who responds to being ganked by investing in Catalyst production, not the person who whines on the forum and ragequits because farming isn’t 100% safe.

Also, nice job revealing your biases there. Too bad it has nothing to do with reality.

2 Likes

That is 100% accurate and true.

Wrong! Eve is a PVP game. Miners just waste their time and serve as content for real players - PVPers.

Then it’s a PVP game for you too.

This is fundamentally wrong. Everything in this game in PvP, even afk highsec mining. The reason is because everything goes through the market. So even someone highsec mining affects other players the instant they bought the ship they used to mine with, let alone the ore they sell.

Just because you are not pewing doesn’t meant you don’t affect the people that do. This is the big misunderstanding between ratters/miners/nullbears and pirates. Ratting/mining/and other nullbearing has an effect on every other player. Therefore there needs to be a way for other players to affect them back, not just letting them rat/mine/nullbear in safety.

this
and if you are not pewing you are loosing because pewing is the second best thing in eve , the best is ofc stuff

If you are mining in X4 (for example) then that is PvE because at no point are you playing against another human. In EVE, while the direct act of mining is PvE, you are doing in an environment where you are playing against humans; therefor it’s PvP. A player in EVE could live in a WH killing AI only and never see a player for months…still a PvP environment where the player is enjoying a PvE activity.

eve

For EVE (above) no single player…it’s PvP…
For X4 (below) no PvP, multiplayer or coop listed as you are ONLY against the programming…

x4

everyone who is not capable of seeing the counter concept to eve is a pvp game is totally missing the point. but the fact that you miss the point makes my point.

Of course eve is a pvp game. But its more than that and that’s sad but most of you don’t get it anymore.

How is it “more than that”?