Why I am using mining drones I instead of mining drones II

It’s not a waste of money, but it is definitely a waste of time. HS moon mining is only 25% better than veldspar mining. The only exception is if you get glistening ores.

According to my spreadsheet: a retriever (assumed as 32K m3) of gneiss is ~24M ISK, omber ~15M. The same retriever of veldspar is only 4M ISK [veld is best hs ore]. When it comes to moon rocks: zeolite 5.1M and glistening at 10.4M. Jackpot is rare so we can’t really count on it. This means that any random, non-jaspet, jspace anomaly or lowsec asteroid is bringing you more isk than even glistening rocks, let alone typical rocks you will get from the moon… or HS asteroid belts.

At the end of the day time is far more valuable. Wasting time on veldspar or hs moon is a bad investment of time. Unless you are just chilling, in which case numbers are meaningless. No clue about the ice - I am not running the numbers on it.

By selling one retriever of gneiss I can buy multiple retrievers of HS regular or moon ores. Why waste time?

1 Like