Why is the Harbinger

Such ass, when it comes to the PG and CPU?

The best thing I could do is hull tank the harbinger without grossly exceeding the CPU and PG. I’ve tried so many different fits without spending a lot of ISK on faction modules, and I have to compromise too much on the lows to armor tank.

This is what I came up with:

High slots:
Heavy Beam Laser II x6

Mid’s:
50mn Y-T8 Compcact MWD
Warp Disruptor II
Tracking Compter II
Large ‘Integrated’ Hull Repair Unit

Low’s:
Damage Control II
Reinforced Bulkhead’s x2
Intertial Stabilizers x2
Co-Processor II

Rigs:
Medium Transverse Bulkhead’s x3

Drones:
Hornet EC-300 x5
Warrior II x5
Hobgoblin II x5

I had to use inertial stab’s because with the Bulkhead’s, the align time was almost 13 seconds in a damn cruiser. With inertial stab’s, it’s down to 7.92 seconds which is still high. You can argue “just use an ONI” but that’s not the point.

Even with this fit, it’s not cap stable.
So, you can swap a Reinforced Bulkhead II and retain 51.510 EHP, for a Power Control Unit so you have enough PG for a Medium Capacitor Booster II in exhange for the Tracking Computer.
But even with the swaps for a cap booster loaded with Navy Cap Booster 400’s, you’re still not cap stable.

wtf is this

Do you really expect to be cap stable in a PvP fight? or what is the purpose for the fit you’re trying to make?

Casual PvP Purposes. Possible fun/kitchen sink fleets. Standing fleet.
I like Amarr ships and wanted to do something with decent tank and DPS that was relatively inexpensive (~150mill). The point of the post is more or less why the Harbinger so so poorly optimized in the CPU and PG area, and almost no armor tank fits work for this ship because of it. If you have good armor tank, then you sacrifice too much everywhere else.

The Harbinger is a battlecruiser and not a cruiser. If you put a plate on, expect to be slowed down.

wot

You kinda don’t have a choice. If you want resist plating instead of armor plates or bulkheads, then you’ll need to sacrifice a mid entirely, and sacrifice a Rig slot for a Processor Overclocking Unit which sacrifices even more tank.

Hull tanking is basically the only way to go it seems like, if you want to retain your rigs and still have room for good mid slot choices.

Well looking at heavy beams, I wish the Harbinger had a tad more generous fitting.

At least 50 more cpu and 100 powergrid.

Hull repair modules do not work well. I would skip the module entirely and just accept buffer, not active.

Additionally, the harbi is more a fleet ship. You should have support that would allow you to skip the long point. If you want solo, use the prophecy instead. Plus with the proph you can use missiles instead of lasers.

Your problem is what we call a shitfit not the ship

8 Likes

im not a master at PvP, but i know the Harbinger and you are fitting it wrong, at least for what you want to do with it. i would go for Quad Lights and a Web + Scram setup. but if you really want to use Heavy Beams, then something like this could be a proper alternative:

[Harbinger, Unnamed loadout]

Damage Control II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Reactor Control Unit II
Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Warp Disruptor II
Tracking Computer II
Medium Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 400

Heavy Beam Laser II, Gleam M
[empty high slot]

Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I
Medium Anti-Kinetic Pump I
Medium Energy Collision Accelerator I

if you dont like the double repping thing, just take out the regular armor repper II and use the gap to put a Heatsink II and if there’s still PG for it, an Energy Neutralizer in the missing high.

also take in account i missed the Drones, Scripts and proper ammo for kiting. just wanted to look at the ship modules and rigs.

as far as Amarr BCs go, the Harbinger is a medium to close range laser platform so its specs may require to go with less CPU/PG intensive beams or go Pulse, if you want to do long range kiting i would recommend an Oracle instead.

I was taught that “cap stable = ■■■■ fit” when it comes to pvp. With the exception on blood raiders, if you are trying for a general pvp know that you will have to manage you modules to maintain cap. Don’t fall for the cap stable trap, that generally falls into t3c fittings and even then you can kill those. I have a Corpmate that has obsessive complexion and it continues to fail him. Be smart, a mwd will kill your cap if everything is cycling.

1 Like

Now onto some decent points:if the fit is meant for solo lose the beams go with pulses-you can still have acceptable range with scorch,also for solo those medium slots go like this-mwd,web,point/scram,cap injector ,as for lows several options can go AAR+normal rep no plate just some resist filling with aux nano pump/nanobot acc.,you can also go 1600mm plate full trimark,or go AAR+plate essentially the plate giving you that hp frontloaded as opposed to 2nd rep.Another thing is don’t sacrifice too many rig slots to resist or dmg rigs better to downgrade a t2 point to named and squeeze in an EXP hardener which you can also heat if you need more res than sacrifice a 3rd trimark for example.

There’s just alot more I could write here on how to go about fitting but alas cba.

I’ve had success fitting shields on a harb, shields are +cpu intensive, so you have a lot of Grid left to fit any guns you like.

1 Like

cap stable in PvP with amarr ship is like trying to contest Tour de France with 4-wheel kid bicycle.

As I’m not home I don’t have access to my fits for the harbinger, but I’ve never really run into a huge problem fitting it. Its biggest issue is more that it’s slow when you give it a good tank, but that’s just a thing with armor tanks, not the ship itself. Try quad light beams with a 1600mm plate. Throw medium cap booster in the mid with 800s. Quad lights out dps and out track a conflag loaded focused medium pulse, at a small cost in range. Rest of it is two heat sinks, DC, 2 enams, mwd scram and web. Pretty sure it take a med neut to, as I’m sure my fmpl one has it and that’s heavier pg/cpu

One, youre fitting t2 heavy beams. They use a lot of fitting.

Its like putting 720s on a hurricane and then wondering why you have no PG.

If you want to kite with a beam harb, focus on your speed/application, more than having a big buffer tank. What youre doing is counter intuitive as everything is working against itself.

Personally, the 100mn+MJD brawl harb is pretty solid. You have transversal against frigs and can MJD away from kiters. Plus youve got about 700dps at 10km.

Goes like this:

x6 t2 quad light beams
Compact med neut or nos (depending on your preference)

100mn compact AB
Med MJD
T2 scram
Web

x2 t2 heatsinks
x2 t2 EANM
Dcu
1600 compact plate

Ancil current router
x2 trimarks

2 Likes

The +75% tracking of gleam crystals may have something to do with that.

Even with IN MF they do, with similar dps to gleam and better range.

[Harbinger, Harbinger fit]

Damage Control II
Reactive Armor Hardener
1600mm Steel Plates II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II

10MN Afterburner II
50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Stasis Webifier II
Warp Scrambler II

Focused Medium Pulse Laser II, Conflagration M
Small Ghoul Compact Energy Nosferatu

Medium Trimark Armor Pump I

Bait people who think you will be beam fit, use mwd and lasers generous range to help dictate engagements, abuse your fat buffer. NOS for those times you might be fighting a shield ship, it will keep you shooting which matters when under cap pressure from even a small neut

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.