Why is there no protection from Warp Field Generators

There are counters to the WDFG:

1. Cloaks. Use cloaky ships to travel around if you must.
  2. Nullification. Especially in Null sec, use nullified ships to travel and don’t move your mission gear from system to system. HAve mission ships in the system around your main agent and travel to them with your travel ceptor.
  3. Insta warp ships. Use insta warp ships (T1 interceptor frigates properly fitted in low sec, or travel ceptors) to avoid bubbles or insta lock, infinity point heavy interdictors.

Thanks but those are not ships for a lvl 4 mission sir.

1.) Cloaking in a mission room is not practical
2.) Risking a Nullified ship in a lvl 4 mission is impractical
3.) Instawarp takes away from firepower and makes missioning implausible

But thank you all the same. I do not see the value of such fits for a quick trip to lowsec for a level 4 mission, do you?

Then you keep an eye on D-scan and run away when you see ships appearing nearby.

1 Like

Alright, that’s a different story. I was under the impression you had trouble moving. If you get tackled inside a mission, your counter is paying attention to dscan so that you see combat probes and warp out of your mission.

1 Like

Plays a PvP sandbox game, complains about there being PvP. :roll_eyes:

Offense is the best defense. Start shooting back if you were too slow to run away. But anyway, the module you’re looking for is called a Warp Core Stabilizer.

1 Like

Eve = PVP sandbox

You will die in whatever sec, mission or not and it’s been going on since eve began… Your one subscription in a pool of many… Your whining doesn’t matter…

1 Like

Threads like this make my locator agent hard.

OP consented to pvp when they hit undock.
They consented again (even harder this time!) when they jumped into low sec.

It has been common knowledge that eve is a pvp game for over a decade; eve will not hold your hand and protect you while you fly blind. Concorde provides consequences, but not protection- as long as you are in high sec.

Sounds like eve clearly isn’t the game for the OP. Cool. Nobody is going to miss your whining ass as it gets hit by the door on your way out.

Dear OP,

Have you considered opening your heart to James 315 and The Code?

3 Likes

There are plenty of ships in the game that can be PvP fit and still run PvE very easily. Like the Loki for instance. If you go to low sec for PvE and get killed, it’s really your own fault. I mean, you even get a warning on the low sec entry gate.

I’m not having a go here. I used to PvE. I’ve lost quite a few ships on my main and my alts in low and null sec. It’s just part of the game.

You say the servers won’t be here for long if this sort of thing keeps up? Eh, this has been going on since the game was launched. Hasn’t it? When was that? Almost 15 years ago? So yeah, change it now CCP plez …

I find it interesting that the op complaints about people shooting at his ship with no PVP modules (Like scrams and webs) but show kills of people that are not fitted with those either where he is the aggressor.

I especially liked the indy kill where it was many of them (including the OP) against that one ship minding his own business transporting good only to get ganked by the op and his friends.

I guess it ok if you do it right?

Hello Pot… this is kettle.

3 Likes
  1. Covert OPS tengu with interdiction nullification on example is still viable lvl 4 mission ship.

2. Remember also that T3Cs are very easy to Refit once you are in destination. (They Even have subsysten bay?).

3. Drop mobile depot in safe and Refit to mission running. Problem fixed.

Also if you die in lvl 4 mission in low sec ONLY REASON that is even possible is because you are not paying attention. It is literally impossible to get you without using combat scans or being in same fleet and former you would notice right away If you knew how to use dscan, latter would just be bad choice.

Im sure this does not satisfy you so lets approach it from different angle, just to entertain the idea. If you were ccp Dev, how would you fix this? Make some button that enables you to except yourself from pvp? Something else?

Holy mountain of salt this is

Op, git gud :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

OP, can I have whatever stuff you havent lost in poorly thought flying decisions?

2 Likes

can i have your stuff?

popcorn
There are numerous ways to defend against Heavy Interdictors. The most basic method is simple situational awareness and prolific us of your D-Scan.
In order to get the HIC into your mission pocket, first they would have had to use combat probes to determine your location and give themselves a warp-in.
HICs cannot warp while cloaked, So if you see a Combat Probes or a HIC on D-Scan, you have the opportunity to get out before it lands.
Finally, you explicitly consent to PvP in all areas of space by clicking Undock.

to all who leave the game: can i have your stuff? just make a contract … no worry i pick up … no delivery needed … thx

1 Like

Not to steal anyone’s thunder, but if you do leave the game, I don’t want your stuff just give me your isk

1 Like

is this the new hyped troll thread ?