Why Mine, Why play?

You don’t ever need to mine a single rock or equip a mining laser to progress in this game.
Try something different if mining is too hard for you.

1 Like

Though the first he should do is perform some research and/or join a teaching corp or something… or at the very least use common sense and learn from his own mistakes at the bare minimum. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

They wont “fix” anything because CCP will always favor gankers over miners or PvE players or haulers. When they “balanced” mining ships last year they literally consulted with gankers first to make sure the changes were acceptable to them.

You just have to understand that the only reason non-PvP content exists is so PvP players will always have victims to kill.

Your role in this game is to be prey, CCP wants your ships to be destroyed, and as often as possible.

May, can you tell me which gankers they consulted?

I mean, are you asserting that gankers, in partnership with CCP, endorsed buffs to their targets?

Altruism, indeed.

1 Like

The “balance” changes were happening either way, and in fact ships like the Procurer did get nerfs to their tank, making them much easier to kill, so saying mining ships got “buffed” is a bit disingenuous.

I’m not going to dig through months of forum posts to find the exact source but CCP ran all the changes by ganker groups like Safety in order to make sure the changes were acceptable to gankers and wouldn’t cause them too much inconvenience.

It’s a fact that CCP will always favor gankers over their targets because gankers are playing the game the “right way” and the people they target are not.

I’m not even saying its a good or bad thing, but its the way it is.

1 Like

They would first require approval from The Queen Regent of High Sec @Aiko_Danuja

/also @Sasha I noticed you are a Code. agent from 2017 how could you forget.

1 Like
  1. Mine in lowsec faction warfare space
  2. die
  3. whine in the forum

Step 1 is your problem if you don’t want step 2 to happen so regularly.

There are plenty of other places in lowsec, outside faction warfare systems, that are relatively quiet and where you can easily mine.

You’re also mining 3 systems away from the home of one of the most effective solo and small gang pvp groups in the game.

So whinging about being killed in what is specifically an empire warzone for players, isn’t going to get far with CCP.

1 Like

Fear not; I’m not fond of trawling through this stuff, either.

There is an easier way:

@Aiko_Danuja, Princess of Perspicacity, can you enlighten us on the nature of your discussions with CCP - the ones wherein the Company agreed not to cause you and your heroes ‘too much inconvenience’?

Yes, Hilmar regularly takes me out for a stroll along the edge of the Inkgolskruolloedur and we whisper together and laugh as we conspire to exterminate the miners.

2 Likes

Hi Iceacid; from 2013 in reality, but on a different character.

I was not what you might call top-flight ganking material - too slow, and all fingers-and-thumbs.

But I did voice some of James’ writing and was (and am) a staunch supporter of the ganking community.

Without Highsec, no EVE; without ganking, no Highsec.

Oh that name goes way back longer than that date
(try using a search engine before google started then keep going back in time.))

/I used your comment on this thread to pull Princess here like one would pull concord.

/

This can be found if or when you look as New Eden offers vast space to explore.

Why do you think CCP wants miners in a stationary position for 20-30 minutes? What do you think that’s for?

3 Likes

A little late to the party, but I like doing some cloaky hunting out in low. In general, ventures and herons are the target for my cloaky astero.

Why do I do it? It’s fun and I’m trying to train out severe PVP shakes. I never get the shakes from fleet pvp anymore, even as FC. Solo? Doesn’t matter if it’s a corvette, venture or something bigger. I literally can’t hit F1 I’m shaking so bad. Not to mention the setting up and waiting is my jam.

What could players do to avoid me? First step is to not ignore the pop up about entering dangerous space. Honestly, this does do a discourtesy to High Sec space since it’s just as dangerous but lulls people into a very false sense of security.

Second thing, don’t just sit in a bloody belt when a neutral enters the system. If you have ctrl + A the names in local you can see who the new person is and then go to ZKill and look them up. OR you can use localthreat.xyz to get a good overview and then look up the ones you want. If players did their due diligence they’d know what I like hunting in low sec and that I’m an avid pvper in general.

Third, have an escape plan. Have that stab fitted on your ship, most people probably aren’t going to fit a faction scram + T2 in order to stop ventures from flying off. Don’t stay at the same belt. Yes, bouncing around will slow you down but chances are it’ll also help you stay alive.

And here’s a little video I made on How NOT to mine in Eve Online - YouTube

Oh, and before you go on about how I’m beating up on the little people in my fancy omega fitted ship, here’s another reason I do it. Not everyone who flies a new account is actually a new player. Sometimes it’s a trap and that’s glorious. Eve Online Hunter Diaries: Not All Herons are Explorers #fail #pvpfail - YouTube

Why mine? ISK, the joy of building items from scrap, lowkey playing, getting belts tidy.
Why play? Fun.

Now this sounds fun…

Watch this guy -------> EVE Online - (430mil/h) Abyss fits Progression T0 to T6 - YouTube don’t mine EVER it’s not worth it and you said it yourself “boring”.

The vet’s of this game are going to give you some 30 page laundry list of nonsense to avoid Ganks (that happen rarely to begin with). Avoid that sh#4 and just do Abyss.

Do the best and relative safe PVE content Eve has and make serious money. i was shocked how much you can earn from T0 if you get some lucky drops for what is virtually ZERO risk.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.