Why must it be updated ESS?

Then maybe they shouldn’t have been there?

Big blocks employ whole alliances of non-PVP players to keep their ADM’s up. Joining such a corp is all you need to do. That fleet exists, but it will occupy itself with structure fights and fun roams. Once sov has been obtained, what is being done with said Sov falls outside the scope of PVP interests.

I had an FC ask us how we liked ratting and mining in our space. Crickets on comms as nobody wanted to admit they were mining in hisec to pay for their SRP eligable ships :rofl:

Exactly. What you need isn’t a fleet, what you need is competent players who have a healthy mix of PVE / PVP interests, and are willing to risk 10x the amount they are protecting because they genuinely enjoy the pew pew.

I am one of those players, but with my income slashed I wonder where I will get my next PVP ship from as soon as I burn through my current stack. Lowsec mining, most likely.

1 Like

Exactly ! as they can’t now with the changes , guess what they will do?

A)) keep being robbed over and over and have shitty income

B)) engage and try to defend over and over being smashed by superior numbers over and over

C)) just go play something else

D)) change activity or move from.nullsec

I hope the letter D at least, less players is bad for the game.

1 Like

My current corp is kinda different with this one, since we have few sov warfare(AFAIK), most PVP content comes from anti-roaming, some extra savvy players go roam on themselves/ in squads. So we do have some active PVP players in standing fleet

hmmm so they AFK mine in hisec to make up for what SRP doesn’t cover or? I’m a bit confused there.

That’s exactly what we have I suppose, but they may not be willing to over-risk it, since it leads to extra krabbing.

↑Btw are you 2 guys interested in the said topic?↑
If yes, I can set up a new thread on that @Inxentas_Ultramar @safira_jomita

Or maybe band together with other local groups to help defend the space.

If lazy PVE farmers move out of null because they can’t easily print their isk in relative safety I won’t be shedding any tears.

People say the same stuff when blackout happened

If you are not interested in the conversation itself, and is here just to say that “ratters bad, PVPers good”, then you made your point and is fine to leave.
Otherwise, please try to understand others instead of ruining the conversation.

3 Likes

No cause it’s easier to just change activity. isk/risk wide , will be way more attractive. Even if they are able to sit 3 hours defending the ess, that’s 3 hours not earning anything.

Why not? bring it on

Why are you implying they don’t know …
… and why don’t you consider that CCP doesn’t want to keep those around?

If they don’t then they are dumb. Less playerbase. Even if those Plex their accounts , CCP earn money.

What about those who will take the place of those who leave?

Literally changing their playerbase for another, over the course of years, isn’t new to CCP.
They’ve done it before, they’re doing it again right now. (though this time it’s apparently over the course of months…)

When there’s customers who don’t like the game for what it is …
… then those customers are undesired.

Since BlackOut CCP made it - through changes to the game - pretty clear that casuals, who wants easy money, aren’t desired anymore. When a group can’t defend its members, then that group is going to leave one way or another. Just like pretty much everyone else you only ever look at the now instead of properly extrapolating into six months later.

It seems pretty logical to me that those who can’t defend their people in nullsec aren’t really ready to play in nullsec.
They will leave and others, who are more capable, will take their place.

Even if those people leave, as you say, it’s extremely unlikely that others won’t be taking their place …
… and CCP apparently decided to aim for a different, more capable type of customer.

Like these guys:

1 Like

I can be wrong, but to be sure , just check blackout numbers.

Nope , if that was true, blackout would be still up until today. Didn’t see tons of new people filling the place of the tons of people who left game/nullsec . Will be the same with ess. Just give it time. Don’t think adjust risk reward to pve is a bad idea, just think it was way too harsh also too fast.

Yeah some groups will think on something, but even among their ranks people will leave/change activity. and that is blackout effect again.

1 Like

People who don’t intend to fight don’t belong in NS imho.
If you just want to rat go to HS.

1 Like

You are missing the point here. Never said I’m against pvp. But I rather choose when to pvp ( unless I’m caught , then it’s inevitable) and when I go around FOR pvp. forcing players into certain activities PLUS hammering the way they pay for their pvp is a dumb thing to do. It will just cause pll to change activity. Also CCP disagree with your statement, cause there are lots of bonus for industry in null , like reprocessing and better ( until now) pve. @Sakura_Hoshizora

Except that isn’t at all what I was saying.

Since it’s inception SOV null is a place for those to claim space for themselves, IF they are able to defend it in order to keep it. As such you get to reap the benefits.

For a long time many entities who really can’t or won’t defend their space have still reaped outsized rewards. As such these changes IMO are great to help balance those factors out.

I was specifically replying to the argument that these changes will affect those entities who cannot defend their ESS. If they cannot or unwilling to defend than they don’t deserve to hold the space. Finally these changes will help force that issue.

Oh sorry. I did not specify: for the initial ship purchase. And / or any losses incurred in transit to staging :rofl:

Cool, I hope you get lots of thieves blapped. Our guys mean well but the experience just isn’t there (yet) and many are new enough to PVP to not stand a chance against experienced cruiser pilots. I myself am not the best PVP-er either and it’s mainly the timer that has me unable to simply be present, which I would say is requirement #1 when it comes to kicking back. I’m not going to say no to fun fleet action because of some lame timer. I’d rather fight ships.

I completely understand this sentiment as it’s a core concept of the game’s design. It’s just a bit sour that the implementation itself requires constant vigil due to a timer, which is your average mobile game skinner box BS which I don’t fall for. That means taking an income hit - something I can work around myself with varied income sources, but is unavailable to newer players who mainly focus on PVP as that skillplan overlaps with that of a ratter for a great deal. Also one statistic wants me to rat as much as possible (ADM) while the other penalizes me for it (SSE).

I do kinda like how it incentivizes you to hang around people who are at least a bit knowledgeable about tactics and use teamwork to counter thieves. Unexpected side effect is the number of private covos with blues I had last week, which is neat.

1 Like

Completely fair. I mostly take issue with the general sentiment of those who want to live in space that is literally designed to be something you must defend (SOV) and then claim the are either uninterested or unable to defend it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.